List:       full-disclosure
Subject:    [FD] Vulnerabilities in HP LaserJet
From:       "MustLive" <mustlive () websecurity ! com ! ua>
Date:       2015-01-28 21:51:33

Hello list!

There are Information Leakage and Insufficient Authorization vulnerabilities
in HP LaserJet. Vulnerabilities are in control panel of HP network MFP and
printers. Earlier I informed HP about it.

You can read articles in BBC
(http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2014/Dec/98) and Global Voices
(http://lists.webappsec.org/pipermail/websecurity_lists.webappsec.org/2014-December/009067.html)
about my attacks on network printers of terrorists in Eastern Ukraine and in
Russia.

-------------------------
Affected products:
-------------------------

Vulnerable are HP network MFP and printers with firmware 20130415 and
previous versions. Such as in LaserJet 400 MFP M425dn and HP LaserJet M1522n
MFP.

----------
Details:
----------

Information Leakage (WASC-13):

http://site/info_deviceStatus.html

There is access without authorization to information about all settings of
the printer (read only, but it's possible to find printers with possibility
to change settings).

Insufficient Authorization (WASC-02):

In section "Print Information Pages" it's possible to print test documents
without authorization. Thus without login and password it's possible to
waste paper and cartridge of the printer.

http://site/info_specialPages.html?tab=Home&menu=InfoPages

I mentioned about these vulnerabilities at my site
(http://websecurity.com.ua/7589/).

Best wishes & regards,
MustLive
Administrator of Websecurity web site