List:       full-disclosure
Subject:    Re: [FD] [The ManageOwnage Series, part II]: User credential disclosure in ManageEngine DeviceExpert
From:       Pedro Ribeiro <pedrib () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-08-29 10:39:54

Hi Keith,

Thanks for pointing this out.
I realised the advisory is not very clear - you are right, it is a base 64
encoded md5 hash. To get the actual hash you have to use the following Ruby
code:
Base64.decode64(password).unpack('H*')

The hash is a md5 of
"admin12345678"

Also ManageEngine have decided to fix the issue, and have now released
version 5.9 build 5981 that resolves this vulnerability.

I've updated the advisory at
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pedrib/PoC/master/me_deviceexpert-5.txt

Regards
Pedro