List:       full-disclosure
Subject:    [Full-disclosure] Recruiting Troopers - Call for Papers,
From:       Enno Rey <erey () ernw ! de>
Date:       2010-11-28 10:43:33

Once more, it will be Troopers time.

This year was an extraordinary event. Everybody involved had so much fun (in the end, the term \
"legend" got a bit overstressed ;-) and we had so many great talks... it seems a bit difficult \
to do even better next year. Still, we'll try. You can be part of it. Again, Troopers will be \
held in the beautiful city of Heidelberg/Germany (on 03/30 and 03/31 2011) and will feature two \
tracks, one on attack techniques and security research, the other focused on the defense side \
and management aspects of the infosec world. [yes, Chris, you're right with your statement made \
here: http://www.rationalsurvivability.com/blog/?p=2749]

This call for papers addresses security researchers interested in sharing their work with other \
researchers and a high level audience (composed of about 75% people from industry and 25% from \
academia). We would like to invite everyone with special knowledge in breaking security in \
whatever area or practical experience in securing complex information systems to present their \
skills, tools or experience.

Speaker Privileges
==================

We will cover the flight costs (limited to EUR 500 for speakers from Europe and US$ 1500 for \
speakers from other continents) and three nights of accomodation, plus "some evening fun and \
other amenities". To get an idea of our speaker treatment see \
http://www.elladodelmal.com/2010/03/como-una-rockn-roll-star.html ;-)

"Fresh Headz"
=============

Given an appropriate subject and technical level we're happy to welcome "fresh speakers" (not \
seen in various places before) and we're happy to help you with setting up your talk (or \
getting over your pre-talk excitement).

Submissions
===========

We are mainly interested in talks on

Security in a Mobile World
Virtualization Stuff
Embedded Devices
Industrial Networking
Security in Telco Environments
Secure Coding & Advances in the Software Security Space

Obviously heavy vendor-pitching will not be welcomed warmly and we reserve the right to ask for \
modifications of confirmed talks if we have the impression there's too much of that in a talk. \
If you have to offer another "Web 2.0 cross browser unicode overflow" talk you may submit it. \
However chances will be bigger if you have some more innovative stuff to talk about...

CFP submissions [to cfp@troopers.de] must include the following information:

1) Brief biography including list of publications and papers published previously.

2) Proposed presentation title & synopsis/description.

3) Contact Information (full name, alias, handle, e-mail, postal address, phone, country of \
origin, special meal requirement, smoking habits ;-).

4) Employment and/or affiliations information.

5) Why is your material different or innovative or significant?

Please note that all speakers will be allocated 55 minutes of presentation time + 5 minutes \
Q+A. Any speakers that require more time must inform the CFP committee in the course of the \
submission.

By agreeing to speak at Troopers 11 you are granting ERNW GmbH the rights to reproduce, \
distribute, advertise and show your presentation including but not limited to \
http://www.troopers.de, printed and/or electronic advertisements, and all other mediums.

Important Dates
===============

Deadline for Submission: 20 Dec 2010,
Final Notification: 5 Jan 2011,
Presentation slides due: 15 Mar 2011
The conference: 30-31 Mar 2011

==================

thanks,

Enno

--
Enno Rey

ERNW GmbH - Breslauer Str. 28 - 69124 Heidelberg - www.ernw.de
Tel. +49 6221 480390 - Fax 6221 419008 - Cell +49 174 3082474
PGP FP 055F B3F3 FE9D 71DD C0D5  444E C611 033E 3296 1CC1

Handelsregister Mannheim: HRB 337135
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Enno Rey

Blog: www.insinuator.net