List:       full-disclosure
Subject:    [Full-disclosure] Profile - OSSTMM use at a Security Consultancy
From:       Pete Herzog <lists () isecom ! org>
Date:       2010-09-28 8:06:34

Hi,

I just got word that InfoSec Island published an interview with a
company that uses the OSSTMM for security tests. He explains why they
use it and what it means for them.

Mike starts the article: "While re-addressing the OSSTMM and its
application/usefulness in my firm's business, I wanted to gain the
perspective of a company that's been using the OSSTMM for some time.
More specifically, I wanted to know if that company's clients have
seen a measurable improvement in their information security programs,
since that is our overall goal, right?"

It's a nice follow-up to the OSSTMM overview Mike posted earlier and I
think it answers some of the things we get asked all the time at ISECOM.

https://www.infosecisland.com/blogview/8340-Implementing-OSSTMM-Strategies-Creates-Value.html

Sincerely,
-pete.

--
Pete Herzog - Managing Director - pete@isecom.org
ISECOM - Institute for Security and Open Methodologies