List:       full-disclosure
Subject:    Re: [Full-disclosure] redefining research: vulnerability journalism
From:       Christopher Gilbert <motoma () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-04-28 3:43:13

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

As Chen found out, simply stating "I'm a journalist" will not save your
computer when armed men come knocking on your door to execute a search
warrant.

I'm not sure your interpretation holds up; the protections that Wired
alluded to states an exception if "there is probable cause to believe that
the person possessing such materials has committed or is committing the
criminal offense to which the materials relate..." [1]

But I'm no lawyer.

[1] http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/42/2000aa.html