List:       full-disclosure
Subject:    Re: [Full-disclosure] Paypal XSS Vulnerability - Resolved
From:       PsychoBilly <zpamh0l3 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-03-29 7:24:11

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Get back Moxie Marlinspike's Cash first!

On Fri, March 29, 2010 10:49 pm, Orbeton, Jon wrote:
The theft reported above will be adressed at approximately NEVEr wahwhahwhhah you loose!

************************  Cluster #[[   Randal T. Rioux   ]] possibly
emitted, @Time [[   28/03/2010 06:12   ]] The Following #String
**********************
> I find it humorous that an organization that pretends to be a bank and
> regularly steals money from its members has the balls to distribute a
> "PayPal Responsible Disclosure Policy."
>
> Good luck with that.
>
> Randy
>

> On Fri, March 26, 2010 10:49 pm, Orbeton, Jon wrote:
>
>> All:
>>
>> The XSS vulnerability reported below was addressed at approximately 17:45
>> PDT today.
>>
>> For information about how to report security issues to PayPal, please
>> refer to the PayPal Responsible Disclosure Policy documented here:
>> https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/cps/securitycenter/general/ReportingSecurityIssues-outside
>>
>> Site security issues should be reported to:
>>    sitesecurity@paypal.com
>>
>> All reports will be handled professionally and quickly. A PGP key is
>> available at the URL above.
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Jon Orbeton
>>
>> PayPal, an eBay Company

>> From: Wesley Kerfoot<wjak56 () gmail com>
>> Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 15:46:09 -0400
>>
>> Paypal is affected by an XSS vulnerability where it fails to validate
>> input for the following url:
>>
>> https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=
>>
>> One can add arbitrary javascript with no need for any filter evasion.
>>
>>      https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=<script>  alert("xss");
>> </script>
>>

>> As far as I know only the above url is affected. All of the usual XSS
>> attacks will work with this.
>>
>> Cheers.

[Attachment #5 (text/html)]

<head>
 http-equiv="Content-Type">
  <title></title>
</head>
Get back Moxie Marlinspike's Cash first!<br>
The theft reported above will be adressed at approximately NEVEr wahwhahwhhah you loose!
</pre>
************************&nbsp; Cluster #[[&nbsp;&nbsp; Randal T. Rioux&nbsp;&nbsp; ]] possibly
emitted, @Time [[&nbsp;&nbsp; 28/03/2010 06:12&nbsp;&nbsp; ]] The Following #String&nbsp;
**********************
 cite="mid:02b6b61dd6ed200e687b09841a805e0d.squirrel@192.168.2.2"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">I find it humorous that an organization that pretends to be a bank and
regularly steals money from its members has the balls to distribute a
"PayPal Responsible Disclosure Policy."

Good luck with that.

Randy

The XSS vulnerability reported below was addressed at approximately 17:45
PDT today.

For information about how to report security issues to PayPal, please
refer to the PayPal Responsible Disclosure Policy documented here:
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" \
href="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/cps/securitycenter/general/ReportingSecurity \
Issues-outside">https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/cps/securitycenter/general/ReportingSecurityIssues-outside</a>

Site security issues should be reported to:
  <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" \
href="mailto:sitesecurity@paypal.com">sitesecurity@paypal.com</a>

From: Wesley Kerfoot &lt;wjak56 () gmail com&gt;
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 15:46:09 -0400

href="https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=">https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=</a>

One can add arbitrary javascript with no need for any filter evasion.

    <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" \
href="https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=">https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=</a>&lt;script&gt; \
alert("xss"); &lt;/script&gt;