List:       full-disclosure
Subject:    [Full-disclosure] Black Hat USA Videos available to D/L
From:       "jmoss" <jmoss () blackhat ! com>
Date:       2009-03-31 0:14:25

Hey Full Disclosure,

I am proud to announce that the audio and video from BH USA 2008 is now available for free \
download, and is in several formats, the first of which is a large, hi-res format with \
video-sync speaker and presentation: \
https://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-usa-08/bh-usa-08-archive.html

BLACK HAT EUROPE 2009 - Register now!
Time is running out to register at the late rate of €1295, so please consider signing up \
promptly if you have plans to attend. The onsite price that applies after April 1 is \
considerably higher. This applies to Training sessions as well as the Briefings portion of the \
event. https://commerce.blackhat.com/selection/bh_europe_2009

If you're planning to attend Black Hat Europe, you can begin mapping out the presentations you \
want to see by visiting our Briefings Schedule page at: \
https://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-europe-09/bh-eu-09-schedule.html.

- - All Your Packets Are Belong to Us - Attacking Backbone Technologies by Enno Rey and Daniel \
Mende. Enno previewed this presentation at our last webcast, and it is a truly fascinating and \
sobering look at threats to the carrier space. \
https://media.blackhat.com/webinars/black-hat-webcast-9-march-2009-eupreview.m4b

- - Stripping SSL To Defeat HTTPS In Practice  by Moxie Marlinspike. This is an expansion and \
update to the presentation that Moxie gave at Black Hat DC, where it got possibly the most \
press of any talk at the event. \
https://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-dc-09/bh-dc-09-archives.html#Marlinspike \
https://media.blackhat.com/bh-dc-09/blackhat-dc-09-marlinspike-interview.m4v

- - Fun and Games Using In-Memory Execution on Mac OS X by Charlie Miller and Vincenzo Iozzo. \
This is a presentation by two Mac security experts that explores a whole new vector for attacks \
on OS X. This presentation also had a very promising preview on our last webcast. \
https://media.blackhat.com/webinars/black-hat-webcast-9-march-2009-eupreview.m4b

BLACK HAT USA 2009
July 25-30 isn't as far away as it might sound.  We're returning to Caesars Palace on the Las \
Vegas Strip, and this year we've got a lot more space to work with. We're well into our \
preparations to bring you a great conference. All your favorite events will be back, as well as \
some new surprises! https://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-registration/bh-registration-usa-09.html

USA 2009 CALL FOR PAPERS:
We're still accepting proposals for Black Hat USA 2009 until May 1, 2009.  If you've got \
something you want the security world to hear, submit it at https://cfp.blackhat.com/ Early \
selection begin May 1st, with the selection process done June 1.

If you like the idea of helping to set the agenda for Black Hat, it's also a good time to get \
registered and begin helping us rate and review our presentations.  Paid delegates have access \
to information about all submitted presentations. The ratings and reviews we get from you help \
us to create the Briefings lineup. This year the CFP system gets some usability updates to \
better navigate the hundreds of submissions the USA conference gets.

Space:
Caesars has added (another!) conference expansion for this year and Black Hat will be taking \
advantage of it. The expanded space means quite a few things - less traffic congestion in the \
hallways, for starters.  What we're really excited about, though, is the fact that we'll have a \
meet and greet room for each track. This means that after each presentation you'll be able to \
follow the speaker(s) into a designated Q&A session and spend some time in a quieter, more \
personal setting with the speaker and other audience members. This has worked successfully for \
Black Hat at the smaller conferences and now we are going to try it on a much larger scale at \
the USA event.

FACEBOOK – we're trying out a Facebook fan page. If you're a Facebook user, we'd love to have \
you join and use it as a place to communicate and share with us. The link is: \
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Black-Hat-Briefings/107691635153

TWITTER – We've been twittering since Black Hat USA 2008 covering Black Hat updates, speakers \
in the news, and security news that is relevant to us. https://twitter.com/blackhatevents

LINKEDIN – We have a group on LinkedIn that's over 3,000 members strong.  In a time of \
economic volatility, it's good to network with likeminded people. Join in at: \
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=37658&trk=hb_side_g

Choose whatever method works best for you, but get involved with our growing community.

Jeff Moss