List:       full-disclosure
Subject:    Re: [Full-disclosure] Local user to root escalation in apache
From:       Richard Thrippleton <ret28 () cam ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2007-02-27 0:37:17

On Mon Feb 26 21:15, Nikolay Kichukov wrote:
> Lool,
> how long has this bug been around?
Almost a year, looking at that original patch that caused the problem. To be
fair, nobody had commented on the security issues until I stumbled across them
a month ago though.

> Sounds scary.
Yeah, scared me when I first saw it and realised how vulnerable I'd been for so
long. What's also scary is the complete lack of action on what is a fairly
serious problem. I used to think that the Debian project had a sane attitude to
security. Maybe all the good developers have gone to Ubuntu.

Richard