List:       full-disclosure
Subject:    [Full-disclosure] AOL Instant Messenger 5.9.3861 Local Buffer
From:       Shell <shell6 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-01-30 5:52:34

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I have discovered that there is a buffer overrun vulnerability in AOL's
Instant Messenger program. I have only tested this on version 5.9.3861. The
problem causes a minimum of a program crash. I am not sure as to the
posibility of shellcode execution.

The vulnerability can be exploited by supplying an overly large username
from which to obtain "buddy info."

If you are unsure as to what I am talking about, I can post a screenshot.