List:       full-disclosure
Subject:    [Full-disclosure] Re: Fwd: Disk Cleaning Tools
From:       "Dave Korn" <davek_throwaway () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2005-08-31 18:05:20

----Original Message----
>From: y0himba

> If you ask me, Eraser is the best way to go.  Not to mention it can
> automatically erase certain files or directories on a schedule. Oh, and
> its FREE.

  I'd second that.  It's an excellent utility, has the flexibility to do
anything from a single pass of zeros to dozens of overwrites with random
data and fixed patterns, easily lets you select files/directories/freespace
to wipe, and I can't imagine why you ruled it out in your first post,
because it really is the best.  Unless of course you're using linux; I don't
have any recommendations for that.

    cheers,
      DaveK