List:       full-disclosure
Subject:    [Full-Disclosure] How to terrorist spam
From:       Robert Michael Slade <rslade () vcn ! bc ! ca>
Date:       2004-09-29 18:39:56

> From:           	"Todd Towles" <toddtowles@brookshires.com>
> Subject:        	[Full-Disclosure] FW: [Fwd: How one can become a
terrorist?]
> Date sent:      	Tue, 28 Sep 2004 17:02:15 -0500

> What do you guys know about this? A friend told me he heard about it on
> the radio yesterday.  A co-worker recieved it in the mail...I forwarded

I've received several copies over the past couple of weeks.  If you go to
the Websites listed you get marginally different sites (depending on
whether you use the numeric IP or the domain name), but it seems to be a
group trying to sell false IDs and similar services.  It appears to be
strictly spam: using the sensational message to try and drum up mundane
business.

I doubt the authorities would be all that interested--unless they wanted
to go after them for fraud ...

rslade@vcn.bc.ca      slade@victoria.tc.ca      rslade@sun.soci.niu.edu
Find virus, book info http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm
        Mirrored at http://sun.soci.niu.edu/~rslade/rms.htm
"Robert Slade's Guide to Computer Viruses"              0-387-94663-2
"Viruses Revealed"                                      0-07-213090-3
"Software Forensics"                                    0-07-142804-6