List:       full-disclosure
Subject:    RE: [Full-Disclosure] Fake Email
From:       "Aditya, ALD [Aditya Lalit Deshmukh]" <aditya.deshmukh () online ! gateway ! technolabs
Date:       2004-02-28 13:12:20

> Because the lsass.exe trojan is running on your system.
> Check this, open the task manager and try to stop that!

LSASS.exe is present only on the win2k / winxp system and it cannot be closed because it is one \
of the system processes.

> You'll see, you can't stop this trojan.
> When you use win98/me you can't see the trojan!!

this file does not exist on win98/me so you cannot see it in the task list, there is a way to \
hide the process from the task list using a undocumented winapi call thought.

just forget this mail and tell your mail admin to add this server to the black list - the \
attachment might be a trojan

-aditya

Delivered using the Free Personal Edition of Mailtraq (www.mailtraq.com)