List:       full-disclosure
Subject:    RE: [Full-Disclosure] MyDoom download info
From:       "Bojan Zdrnja" <Bojan.Zdrnja () LSS ! hr>
Date:       2004-01-31 22:56:45

Nah, that would work if there were no honeypots. I'm sure that 99% of AV
companies, as well as numerous other security companies/individuals run
honeypots and they would catch this pretty quickly as your worm can't know
what's honeypot and what isn't (I'm not going into honeypot detection
techniques now).
Therefore, the only way for a worm to be successful is to spread as fast as
it can, what in turn results in disruptions of service for host machine and
easier detection.

Cheers,

Bojan