List:       full-disclosure
Subject:    RE: [Full-Disclosure] JAP back doored
From:       "Drew Copley" <dcopley () eeye ! com>
Date:       2003-08-29 18:48:23

<snip>

> > Your arguments have nothing to do with the argument at hand
> which is
> > quite
> > simple: Governments should have no right to force
> developers to trojanize
> > their applications and keep silent about it.

Apparently, this entire email is from someone that wants to argue over the definition of the \
word "government" here. They take offense at me saying "the German Government did this", though \
they have no problem saying, "The US government did that".

Regardless, I stand by my statement, above, which is exceedingly simple. (And, this statement \
does not even mention "German", nor "US".)

<snip>

> I think you should stop for a minute and try to learn the
> difference between Germany (country), the German state, the
> German government and the German judicial system.
>
> "Germany" did nothing.

Case in point.

> If you want to talk about the German government you could
> talk about http://www.gnupg.org/aegypten

Cool. Just like what the US does. Lotsa of programs like that.

Case in point.

<snip... A lot of other cases in point>

Costa, I do not condemn people that use the word "government" vaguely. There is no reason to. \
You do condemn people that do this. Yet, you do this yourself. Why be a hypocrite over a rule \
which is so meaningless that you had to make it up?

That is a rhetorical question. I do not need your "answer".

Your replies were ludicrous and hypocritical.

Even if I bothered defending myself, I would be defending mostly things I did not say.

If you want to foam at the mouth on these issues I would suggest alt.hate.USA or something, \
rather than here.

And, yeah, under an assumed name, I have released an anonymizing agent, and that was why I \
posted on this issue. I did not do it because of anti-German prejudice. In fact, my same group \
has also released an application by a German developer. My concern, though it may have sounded \
nationalistic, was not. But, I have already said this, and will not again.

Any further emails will be plonked. Maybe you can post on something regarding security.