List:       full-disclosure
Subject:    Re: [Full-Disclosure] DCOM RPC exploit IDS rule?
From:       Jordan Wiens <jwiens () nersp ! nerdc ! ufl ! edu>
Date:       2003-07-31 14:06:14

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, Joshua Thomas wrote:

> 2) If so, how much activity in "the wild" has anyone seen on their IDS of
> choice for this exploit?

While most of our campus is filtered from netbios, the few hosts that have
exceptions for one reason or another have been attacked on and off since
we added a sig for it.  Today, for example, we've had three attackers
against those hosts.

In general, some appear to be doing sequential scanning, others are more
one-off in nature.

--
Jordan Wiens, CISSP
UF Network Incident Response Team