List:       full-disclosure
Subject:    [Full-Disclosure] THREATCON segv until scripts are fixed
From:       silvio () big ! net ! au
Date:       2002-09-30 5:28:04

A quick note to say that THREATCON will be inactive until we fix some scripts.

It appears that due to a buffer on the stack (env_argv) not having bounds
checking, our threatcon evaluation software segv'd -->

	cat /dev/urandom | bc script
	echo THREATCON: CAUTIOUSLY MOVING WITH EARS TO THE GROUND

foo="";i=0;while [ $i -lt 100 ]; do foo="a $foo"; ((i=$i+1)); done; export BC_ENV_ARGS=$foo; bc

apologies for bash specific features above

--
Silvio