List:       fuel-discuss
Subject:    IRC meeting about poterminology
From:       friedel () translate ! org ! za (F Wolff)
Date:       2008-11-04 10:21:25

?Hallo everybody

I'm new to the list. You might have seen me on some FOSS l10n lists - I
am a programmer at the Translate project (Pootle, Translate Toolkit,
Virtaal) and a localiser for Afrikaans. I was not able to learn anything
from an archive, so I'm not sure how many people are on this list, but
trust it will be interesting to somebody at least.

There will be a meeting in our IRC channel later today about
poterminology. We will talk about compiling terminology lists. Read more
about poterminology here:
http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/toolkit/poterminology

The meeting will take place in #pootle on irc.freenode.net at 14:00 UTC
today (4 November 2008).

This meeting was initiated as part of work on a project for terminology
development for localisation in African languages. I guess the big
question is something like "what terminology should be worked on first,
and how can we easily find this". Obviously I think the answer has
something to do with poterminology and the Translate Toolkit, but
perhaps that will seem biased :-)  Read more about this project here:
http://www.africanlocalisation.net/en/terminology

Feel free to invite interested people, and we'll see if we can make it a
meaningful event for whoever participates / observes.

Keep well
Friedel Wolff

--
Recently on my blog: