List:       freshmeat-news
Subject:    [fm-news] Newsletter for Thursday, December 04th 2008
From:       The freshmeat daily newsletter <freshmeat-news () lists ! freshmeat ! net>
Date:       2008-12-05 0:10:03

> > > L I N K S   F O R   T H E   D A Y :::

Today's news on the web: http://freshmeat.net/daily/2008/12/04/
freshmeat.net newsgroup: news:///fm.announce

- -- ---..-..-. -- --.-- --- --..----------..--- .-. .-----  -- -

> > > A D V E R T I S I N G :::

Perforce SCM: Versions and manages

Install Perforce in less than 10 min. and get your projects under source
control.

http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;206902539;13503038;y?http://www.sourceforge.net/powerbar/perforce/?referrer=sfnews

--. - .-  --.- - . .-.------.-- ------..----- .- ----   .--------

> > > R E L E A S E   H E A D L I N E S (59) :::

[001] - Adventure-(PHP-)Framework 1.8-RC1 (PHP5)
[002] - Apache Velocity 1.6
[003] - Bugzero 5.6.6
[004] - ConMan 0.2.3
[005] - Daikon 4.5.2
[006] - Dia 0.96.1
[007] - dynamic window manager 5.3
[008] - DynaStop 08333.1634-484
[009] - Filefunc Library 1.0.1
[010] - Finnix 92.1
[011] - GiftedMotion 1.7
[012] - GOsa 2.6.1
[013] - gtklick 0.4.0
[014] - GtkSpell 2.0.15
[015] - InspIRCd 1.1.22
[016] - IP Tables network magic SysRq 0.7
[017] - JExpress 7.2.4
[018] - JOpt.SDK 2.2.7 (JOpt.NET)
[019] - jQuery Timecloud 1.1.1
[020] - kFlickr 20081202
[021] - klick 0.10.0
[022] - Lbzip2 0.08
[023] - LibRaw 0.6.2
[024] - LiVES 0.9.9.4
[025] - Localizer 1.2.3 (1.2)
[026] - MOSIX 2.24.2.4 for openSUSE 11.0  (Linux 2.6)
[027] - mp_doccer 1.2.2
[028] - MQSLoad 1.3.2-1
[029] - MQSSave 1.3.2-1
[030] - Netmem 0.1.0
[031] - NetworkManager 0.7.0
[032] - nfs-ganesha 0.99.47
[033] - Nulog2 2.1.3
[034] - OBM 2.1.12
[035] - Open Computer Forensics Architecture 2.1.1
[036] - PhonoRipper 0.10.1
[037] - phpW2ML 0.7
[038] - Porcupine 0.5.2
[039] - pulpTunes 1.0 final
[040] - pyodbc 2.1.1
[041] - pytemplate: python script template 1.4.0
[042] - Q7Z 0.7.5
[043] - Renoise 2.0 RC1
[044] - rsyslog 3.20.1 (v3 Stable)
[045] - SmartSVN 5.0
[046] - Snort Alert Monitor 0.4.2
[047] - Socklib 1.0.2
[048] - SquirrelMail 1.4.17 (Stable)
[049] - Strasheela 0.9.8
[050] - Sutekh 0.6.1 (Stable)
[051] - sysprof 1.0.12
[052] - Tarzan 2.0 rc1
[053] - TCExam 7.0.005
[054] - TCPDF 4.3.007 (PHP5)
[055] - Threaded-Samba-Scanner 3.2
[056] - XForms 1.0.91
[057] - Xtwitter 0.4
[058] - Yii 1.0.0
[059] - Zina 2.0alpha12

 .-------  .---- ---.--- -..----- -. --.- .- ----  -.---- - .-..-

> > > R E L E A S E   D E T A I L S :::

[001] - Adventure-(PHP-)Framework 1.8-RC1 (PHP5)
  by Christian Achatz (http://freshmeat.net/users/ChristianAchatz/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 21:45

Software Development :: Libraries :: Application Frameworks
Software Development :: Libraries :: PHP Classes

About: The Adventure-(PHP-)Framework is a Web development framework that
helps you design and create object oriented and reusable PHP Web
applications. It features a unique DOM model, the generic page controller
component, and a set of shipped XML tag libraries to build GUIs based on
XML/HTML templates. The framework core contains components like front
controller, global benchmark concept, global error handling, and a
configuration management class. It includes complete modules like a
guestbook, a comment function, and a generic pager.

Changes: Since this release, the framework is licensed under the LGPL v3
to enable enterprise users to apply the framework for their closed source
or own license products. This release contains additional productivity
tools, like the AdvancedLogger, the core:appendnode taglib, and eZ style
template translation. Moreover, proven components were refactored. Among
these are the FilesystemManager, the AdvancedBBCodeParser and the
html:template taglib. This version contains a great number of improvements
that ease the programmer's life.

License: GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[002] - Apache Velocity 1.6
  by Nathan Bubna (http://freshmeat.net/users/nbubna/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 18:29

Database :: Front-Ends
Internet :: WWW/HTTP :: Dynamic Content
Software Development

About: Velocity is a Java-based template engine. It permits anyone to use
the simple yet powerful template language to reference objects defined in
Java code. When Velocity is used for Web development, Web designers can
work in parallel with Java programmers to develop Web sites according to
the Model-View-Controller (MVC) model, meaning that Web page designers can
focus solely on creating a site that looks good, and programmers can focus
solely on writing top-notch code. Velocity separates Java code from the Web
pages, making the web site more maintainable over the long run and
providing a viable alternative to Java Server Pages (JSPs) or PHP. Velocity
also provides template services for the Turbine Web application framework,
making a template service that allows Web applications to be developed
according to a true MVC model.

Changes: New directives: #evaluate, #define, and #break Vararg method
support. List methods can be called on arrays. Major performance
enhancements (both memory and speed). A new strict reference mode. Many
other changes.

License: The Apache License 2.0

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[003] - Bugzero 5.6.6
  by Samuel Chen (http://freshmeat.net/users/billhen/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 08:30

Communications :: Email
Database :: Front-Ends
Information Management

About: Bugzero is a Web-based bug tracking, defect tracking, issue
tracking, and change management system used in a distributed team
environment to track software bugs, hardware defects, test cases, or any
other issues. It can also be used equally well as a helpdesk customer
support, trouble ticketing, or email management system to collect and
manage customer feedbacks, incidents, requests, and issues. It is easy to
use, but still flexible and adaptive, and can be configured to fit to your
organization's unique business process and workflow.

Changes: A bug in properties loading was fixed. This bug caused the
connection pool monitor to fail to start in Linux environments.

License: Other/Proprietary License with Free Trial

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[004] - ConMan 0.2.3
  by Chris Dunlap (http://freshmeat.net/users/dun/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 00:09

System :: Clustering/Distributed Networks
System :: Logging
Terminals :: Serial

About: ConMan is a serial console management program designed to support a
large number of console devices and simultaneous users. It supports local
serial devices, remote terminal servers (via the telnet protocol), Unix
domain sockets, and external processes (e.g., using Expect to control
connections over telnet, ssh, or IPMI Serial-Over-LAN). Its features
include logging (and optionally timestamping) console device output to
file, connecting to consoles in monitor (R/O) or interactive (R/W) mode,
allowing clients to share or steal console write privileges, and
broadcasting client output to multiple consoles.

Changes: Support was added for the creation of intermediate directories.
The HP LO100 (Lights Out 100) console script was added.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[005] - Daikon 4.5.2
  by Jeff Perkins (http://freshmeat.net/users/jhpnez/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 00:09

Documentation
Scientific/Engineering :: Artificial Intelligence
Scientific/Engineering :: Mathematics

About: Daikon is an implementation of dynamic detection of likely
invariants. An invariant is a property (such as "x=2*y+5" or
"this.next.prev = this" or "myarray is sorted by <") that holds at a
certain point or points in a program. Invariants are often seen in assert
statements, documentation, and formal specifications. Invariants can be
useful in program understanding and a host of other applications. Daikon
runs a program, observes the values that the program computes, and then
reports properties that were true over the observed executions. It can
detect properties in Java, C, C++, Perl, and IOA programs, in spreadsheet
files, and in other data sources.

Changes: New String invariants were added to Daikon.

License: Open Software License

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[006] - Dia 0.96.1
  by doj (http://freshmeat.net/users/doj/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 21:38

Desktop Environment :: Gnome
Multimedia :: Graphics :: Editors :: Vector-Based

About: Dia is a program for creating diagrams of all kinds. The current
version can do UML class diagrams, Entity-Relationship modeling, network
diagrams, and much more. The engine is very flexible and dynamically loads
diagram-types from disk. It stores diagrams in an XML format, but can read
and write a number of different formats.

Changes: Text-line rendering in SVG export. Keyboard shortcuts for tools
now use shift-alt. Improvement in autogaps for some objects. The .desktop
file now has the current version. A change in zoom levels in menus. A check
that windows are within bounds before opening. Various compilation-time
improvements. UML class improvements in comment and wrapped underlined
names. Many bugfixes.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[007] - dynamic window manager 5.3
  by garbeam (http://freshmeat.net/users/garbeam/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 21:29

Desktop Environment :: Window Managers

About: dwm is a fast and simple window manager for X11. It manages windows
in tiled and floating layouts. Either layout can be applied dynamically,
optimizing the environment for the application in use and the task
performed. Windows can be tagged with one or multiple tags. Selecting
certain tags displays all windows that are accordingly tagged. dwm is the
little brother of wmii.

Changes: This release contains a couple of NOBORDER-related bugfixes, a
reimplementation of spawn(), and a new option to grab the X server during
window resizing/movement.

License: MIT/X Consortium License

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[008] - DynaStop 08333.1634-484
  by BpMatthias (http://freshmeat.net/users/BpMatthias/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 13:58

Communications :: Email
Communications :: Email :: Filters
Internet

About: DynaStop is a utility to examine IPv4 based addresses for Exim and
procmail for the purpose of filtering based upon patterns defined by the
administrator. This can be a pivotal factor in email filtering and server
load management, since dynamic IP addresses are typically used for dial-up,
DHCP, and DSL accounts. All of which have a designated mail exchange server
through which all outbound mail flows as defined with many, if not most,
large Internet service providers.

Changes: The following example configuration files were updated:
BleedingThreats, WhiteList, VirusList, and UnsubList.

License: GNU General Public License v2

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[009] - Filefunc Library 1.0.1
  by Tim Gurney (http://freshmeat.net/users/offswn/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 14:09

Software Development :: Libraries

About: Filefunc is a C library that gives access to a set of simple
functions for reading and writing ints and strings to a file.

Changes: This new version now includes wrappers for open, close, fopen,
and fclose.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[010] - Finnix 92.1
  by Ryan Finnie (http://freshmeat.net/users/rfinnie/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 08:47

Internet
System :: Archiving :: Backup
System :: Boot

About: Finnix is a small, self-contained, bootable Linux CD distribution
("LiveCD") for system administrators, based on Debian testing "etch". You
can use it to mount and manipulate hard drives and partitions, monitor
networks, rebuild boot records, install other operating systems, and much
more.

Changes: This version includes Linux kernel 2.6.26, updated upstream
software, and x86 boot menu cleanups.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[011] - GiftedMotion 1.7
  by Patrick Ahlbrecht (http://freshmeat.net/users/PatrickAhlbrecht/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 14:26

Desktop Environment :: Tools
Multimedia :: Graphics

About: GiftedMotion is a small and easy-to-use GIF animator. If you need a
simple way to turn a series of still images into an animation to be
displayed on a Web page without the hassle of learning how to use a
full-blown graphics suite, then GiftedMotion is probably the tool for you.

Changes: The ability to save a complete sequence as single images was
added again.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[012] - GOsa 2.6.1
  by Cajus Pollmeier (http://freshmeat.net/users/cajus/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 15:45

Internet :: WWW/HTTP
System
System :: Systems Administration

About: GOsa² provides a powerful framework for managing accounts and
systems in LDAP databases. Using GOsa² allows system administrators to
easily manage users and groups, fat and thin clients, applications, phones
and faxes, mail distribution lists, and many other parameters. In
conjunction with FAI (Fully Automatic Installation), GOsa² allows the
highly automated installation of preconfigured systems. GOsa² therefore
provides a single, LDAP-based point of administration for large and small
environments, thus making the administration of users and systems and all
related parameters manageable and easy.

Changes: This release makes the ACL editor more robust, fixes a problem
with self-service ACLs, fixes a bug when saving departments, and avoids a
possible removal of non GOsa users. The setup has been improved to detect
administrative users from earlier versions.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[013] - gtklick 0.4.0
  by Dominic Sacré (http://freshmeat.net/users/sacred/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 00:10

Multimedia :: Sound/Audio
Multimedia :: Sound/Audio :: Capture/Recording

About: gtklick is a simple metronome with a GTK interface and native JACK
support. It offers four different sounds, arbitrary meters and beat
patterns, and a speed trainer. It's possible to save profiles and restore
them later.

Changes: This version adds an option to manually configure which JACK
ports to connect to, and fixes a few minor bugs.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[014] - GtkSpell 2.0.15
  by Eduardo Pérez Ureta (http://freshmeat.net/users/edpeur/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 00:04

Software Development :: Libraries

About: GtkSpell provides word-processor-style highlighting and replacement
of misspelled words in a GtkTextView widget.

Changes: Additional Danish translation. Missing G_BEGIN_DECLS/G_END_DECLS
for C++ support has been added. Feature request #2101451 has been fixed by
removing the sub-menu of the context menu as any other inline spell checker
does. Feature request #1523881, #1643622, and #2054637 have been fixed by
adding a Language selector sub-menu. Feature request #1362304 has been
fixed by fixing docs/Makefile.am to install gtkspell.devhelp so that it
shows in devhelp.

License: GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[015] - InspIRCd 1.1.22
  by Brain (http://freshmeat.net/users/braindigitalis/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 00:09

Communications :: Chat :: Internet Relay Chat

About: InspIRCd is a fully modular IRC daemon with modular SSL (gnutls or
OpenSSL), ziplinks (through zlib) support, advanced spam filters, flood
controls, settable operator levels, and SQL login using PostgreSQL, MySQL,
or SQLite.

Changes: This is a recommended upgrade for all 1.1 users. It rolls up a
number of fixes from previous 1.1 releases. A few highlights include fixes
to CGI:IRC support, and modified core building for faster loading (and
easier maintenance from package maintainers). A number of minor memory
leaks, low risk crashes/race conditions, and minor usability fixes are also
included.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[016] - IP Tables network magic SysRq 0.7
  by markmal (http://freshmeat.net/users/markmal/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 08:44

System :: Networking :: Firewalls
System :: Operating System Kernels :: Linux
System :: Systems Administration

About: IP Tables network magic SysRq is a Linux iptables target that
allows to do the same as the magic SysRq key on a keyboard  does, but over
the network. It includes syncing disks,  remounting them read-only,
rebooting the machine, etc.

Changes: This version was adjusted to Linux kernel 2.6.26 and iptables
1.4. It has been tested on Fedora 8.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[017] - JExpress 7.2.4
  by DeNova (http://freshmeat.net/users/denovasale/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 15:43

Software Development
Software Development :: Build Tools
System :: Installation/Setup

About: JExpress is a cross platform Java installer builder. JExpress
generates native installers on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. It installs
the exact version of the JVM you want and also configures your customers'
machines to launch your Java application from a native executable on
Windows and Mac OS X. You customize your installer, updater, and
uninstaller using Java. Installers can be designed with multiple install
types or components. An installer can be created quickly with a simple
wizard or a powerful advanced interface.

Changes: Spanish translations were improved. The example Ant build files
were changed to reference JExpressAdvanced. The URL for the table of
contents was updated.

License: Other/Proprietary License with Free Trial

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[018] - JOpt.SDK 2.2.7 (JOpt.NET)
  by dnaevolutions (http://freshmeat.net/users/dnaevolutions/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 21:29

Office/Business :: Scheduling
Scientific/Engineering :: Geographical
Scientific/Engineering :: Mathematics

About: JOpt.SDK is an automated vehicle routing and dispatching component
for both Java/J2SE and .NET. It can solve Travelling Salesman Problems
(TSP) and Capacitated Vehicle Routing Problems with Time Windows
(CVRP,VRPTW). It offers route and transport optimisation with respect to
various constraints such as time windows, load capacities, and prescribed
itinerary. The component is based on genetic algorithms, and automatically
determines an optimized allocation of vehicels to an arbitrary set of
orders.

Changes: The assisted mode has become the default case. The algorithm has
been improved to address a broad range of problem types, and the
optimization now always starts with a construction algorithm to create
initial solutions. The initial solution is subsequently improved by a
second algorithm. Time window support has been added to the mixed fleet
construction algorithm.

License: Other/Proprietary License with Free Trial

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[019] - jQuery Timecloud 1.1.1
  by stef (http://freshmeat.net/users/ctrlc/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 00:05

Internet :: Log Analysis
Internet :: WWW/HTTP :: Dynamic Content
Multimedia :: Graphics :: Animation

About: jQuery Timecloud is a pure JavaScript visualization of tagclouds
over time. The widget has similar navigation controls to the Google Finance
graph. Examples for usage include visualization of delicious tags or
subversion developer activities.

Changes: Besides some small bugfixes, it is now possible to set the
animation starting frame from the end of the timecloud. A control for
adjusting the playback has been added.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[020] - kFlickr 20081202
  by TundraMan (http://freshmeat.net/users/TundraMan/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 08:40

Multimedia :: Graphics

About: kFlickr is a standalone Flickr uploader for KDE. It allows for easy
upload with drag and drop. Common attributes can be edited before sending
the photo. Multiple users are supported.

Changes: kFlickr was ported to KDE4. Almost a complete rewrite was done to
take advantage of what Qt4 and KDE4 have to offer. This version maintains
almost all the functionality of the last KDE3 release, with the addition of
better user management and spell checking for photo descriptions. It does
not yet implement batch editing or kpart functionality. This release is
intended to allow the translators to get their work done as well as to
flush out bugs.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[021] - klick 0.10.0
  by Dominic Sacré (http://freshmeat.net/users/sacred/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 00:10

Multimedia :: Sound/Audio
Multimedia :: Sound/Audio :: Capture/Recording

About: klick is an advanced JACK-based metronome, supporting tempo
changes, meter changes, and more. It allows you to define complex tempo
maps for entire songs or performances.

Changes: This release adds several new OSC methods, most notably for
managing JACK connections. Some minor bugs were fixed, and a user manual in
HTML format is now included in the tarball.

License: GNU General Public License v2

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[022] - Lbzip2 0.08
  by lacos (http://freshmeat.net/users/lacos/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 21:34

System :: Archiving :: Compression

About: Lbzip2 is a Pthreads-based parallel bzip2/bunzip2 filter, passable
to GNU tar with the --use-compress-program option. It isn't restricted to
regular files on input, nor output. Successful splitting for decompression
isn't guaranteed, just very likely (failure is detected). Splitting in both
modes and compression itself occur with an approximate 900k block size. On
an Athlon-64 X2 6000+, lbzip2 was 92% faster than standard bzip2 when
compressing, and 45% faster when decompressing (based on wall clock time).
Lbzip2 strives to be portable by requiring UNIX 98 APIs only, besides an
unmodified libbz2.

Changes: In the multiple-workers decompressor, the tail pointer of the
splitter-to-workers queue proved to be private to the splitter.
Accordingly, said pointer was eliminated as a shared resource, simplifying
the code.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[023] - LibRaw 0.6.2
  by Alex Tutubalin (http://freshmeat.net/users/pupkin2008/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 21:23

Multimedia :: Graphics :: Capture :: Digital Camera
Multimedia :: Graphics :: Graphics Conversion
Software Development :: Libraries

About: LibRaw is a library for reading RAW files obtained from digital
photo cameras (CRW/CR2, NEF, RAF, DNG, and others). LibRaw is based on the
source codes of the dcraw utility, though some of the drawbacks of dcraw
have been eliminated. The users of the library are provided with an API to
be used when writing their software programs.

Changes: Support for new cameras: Canon G10 and 5D Mark II, Leaf AFi 7,
Leica D-LUX4, Panasonic FX150 and G1, and Fujifilm IS Pro. Color data has
been changed for some cameras: Canon 50D, Nikon D90 and P6000, Panasonic
LX3 and FZ28, and Sony A900. A bug in Panasonic .RW2 files processing
(affecting only the thread-safe version) has been fixed.

License: GNU General Public License v2

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[024] - LiVES 0.9.9.4
  by salsaman (http://freshmeat.net/users/salsaman/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 00:07

Multimedia
Multimedia :: Sound/Audio :: Conversion
Multimedia :: Video

About: LiVES is a simple to use yet powerful video effects, editing,
conversion, and playback system aimed at the digital video artist and VJ.
It uses commonly available tools (Mplayer, ImageMagick, and GTK+), so it
works on most Unix-like systems. It runs under Linux, BSD, Mac OS X/Darwin,
IRIX, and openMosix. It can handle almost all types of video, and is fully
extendable through plugins and the included plugin builder tool. It can
also be controlled remotely using OSC.

Changes: Instant opening for dv and Ogg Theora has been implemented. A bug
in the Ogg Theora encoder was fixed. Various Ubuntu issues were fixed.
Fixes for shrink/expand and shift_vertical effects were made.
Saving/loading of realtime fx defaults was fixed. A regression in the
textfun effect for 16-bit charsets was corrected. Support for SoX version
14+ was implemented more accurately. Auto-deinterlacing is now supported
for some file types (dv). Experimental locale support for the
multi_encoder, mjpegtools_encoder, and RFX effects was added. Improvements
were made to the dv/hdv grab window.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[025] - Localizer 1.2.3 (1.2)
  by J. David Ibáñez (http://freshmeat.net/users/jdavidip/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 15:45

Internet :: WWW/HTTP :: Dynamic Content
Software Development :: Internationalization
Software Development :: Localization

About: Localizer is a Zope product that provides a set of facilities to
develop multilingual Web applications. It offers solutions to
internationalize user interfaces and manage multilingual content.

Changes: This release includes compatibility fixes for Zope 2.10/2.11 and
other minor fixes.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[026] - MOSIX 2.24.2.4 for openSUSE 11.0  (Linux 2.6)
  by A. Barak (http://freshmeat.net/users/amnon/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 15:46

System :: Operating System Kernels :: Linux

About: MOSIX is a management system targeted for HPC on Linux clusters and
multi-clusters. It can be viewed as a multi-cluster operating system. In
MOSIX, there is no need to modify or link applications with any library,
copy files or login to remote nodes, or even assign processes to different
nodes. It is all done automatically, similar to a single computer with
multiple processors; just fork and forget.

Changes: This release is for openSUSE 11.0. It includes both 32-bit and
64-bit RPMs and both regular and Xen kernels.

License: Free For Educational Use

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[027] - mp_doccer 1.2.2
  by Angel Ortega (http://freshmeat.net/users/angeltriptico/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 14:27

Software Development :: Documentation

About: mp_doccer is a tool that travels C code files, and extracts
specially marked information to build documentation. This documentation can
be generated in HTML, man pages, or an executable shell script. The markup
is very similar to that in the Linux 2.4.x kernel sources. mp_doccer is a
component of the Minimum Profit Text Editor.

Changes: This release includes a new output format (Grutatxt) and a new
option to set the abstract of the generated document.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[028] - MQSLoad 1.3.2-1
  by Arnaud G. Gibert (http://freshmeat.net/users/rx3/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 18:32

Communications

About: MQSLoad is a simple program which loads messages read from a file
into an MQSeries queue.

Changes: A major bug in the Load_File() method has been fixed: all
previous MQSLoad versions can corrupt messages during loading. Elapsed time
computation has been fixed.

License: GNU General Public License v2

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[029] - MQSSave 1.3.2-1
  by Arnaud G. Gibert (http://freshmeat.net/users/rx3/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 18:33

Communications

About: MQSSave is a simple Java program that saves messages read from an
MQSeries queue to a file.

Changes: Elapsed time computation has been fixed.

License: GNU General Public License v2

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[030] - Netmem 0.1.0
  by Ciprian Lazar (http://freshmeat.net/users/mutantu2002/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 14:23

System :: Clustering/Distributed Networks

About: Netmem is a client-server software that manages chunks of memory in
a transactional way. The server allocates memory and then listens on a
socket for the client, which can use these pieces of memory (through read,
lock, and unlock operations). It is useful for cluster applications that
need a quickly accessible shared space of memory across the network.

License: Free To Use But Restricted

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[031] - NetworkManager 0.7.0
  by Moritz Barsnick (http://freshmeat.net/users/barsnick/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 14:21

Desktop Environment :: Tools
Internet
System :: Installation/Setup

About: The GNOME NetworkManager is a set of co-operative tools that make
networking simple and straightforward. Whether wireless or wired,
NetworkManager allows you to quickly move from one network to another: once
a network has been  configured and joined once, it can be detected and
re-joined automatically at a later date. It was designed to auto-detect as
much information as possible, seamlessly switches connections when
necessary, and provides immediate feedback of the network state to users
and applications. It utilizes D-Bus and HAL.

Changes: Support was added for multiple active devices, for Internet
connection sharing, for many mobile broadband devices, for full static IPs,
and for boot-time connections (with no logins required). Connections were
made more reliable. A rich, flexible D-Bus API was added. Many other
enhancements and fixes were made.

License: GNU General Public License v2

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[032] - nfs-ganesha 0.99.47
  by Philippe DENIEL (http://freshmeat.net/users/philippedeniel/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 14:19

System :: Filesystems

About: NFS-GANESHA is a user-space NFSv2, NFSv3, and NFSv4 server. It runs
on Linux, BSD variants, and POSIX-compliant Unixes.

Changes: The code was cleaned up in the datacache. NFS protocol compliance
bugs were found with SpecSFS bench and fixed. The optional module, MFSL
(Middle File System Layer), was added. This will allow new features like
metadata writeback in the future.

License: The CeCILL License

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[033] - Nulog2 2.1.3
  by regit (http://freshmeat.net/users/regit/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 14:33

System :: Networking :: Firewalls
System :: Networking :: Monitoring

About: Nulog2 is a complete rewrite of Nulog, the historical filtering log
analysis solution from INL. It is an application built upon Twisted, an
advanced Python framework. It analyzes logs from Netfilter and/or NuFW and
displays them on a Web page.

Changes: This release adds support for the pgsql database and CIDR mask
filter in the search function. It also fixes some bugs.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[034] - OBM 2.1.12
  by Pierre Baudracco (http://freshmeat.net/users/pierreb/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 14:14

Internet :: WWW/HTTP
Office/Business
Office/Business :: Groupware

About: OBM is a groupware, email, LDAP, Windows PDC, CRM, and project
management application. It is mainly used as an Exchange or Notes/Domino
groupware and mail server replacement, as an LDAP directory, as a Windows
PDC, as a contact and customer database, as a project management tool, or
as any combination of these functions. It provides groupware (calendars,
contacts, and tasks) connectors for Outlook, Thunderbird/Lightning, and
PDAs. It supports internationalization and themes. It is highly scalable,
and is used by sites from five to many thousands of users.

Changes: Event participation notifications were sent twice. A SQL bug was
fixed on event insertion with resource. Improvements and fixes were made on
event alerts. Other fixes and small improvements were made.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[035] - Open Computer Forensics Architecture 2.1.1
  by klpd (http://freshmeat.net/users/klpd/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 18:34

About: The Open Computer Forensics Architecture (OCFA) is a modular
computer forensics framework to automate the digital forensic process, to
speed up the investigation and give tactical investigators direct access to
the seized data through an easy to use search and browse interface. The
architecture forms an environment where existing forensic tools and
libraries can be easily plugged into the architecture and can thus be made
part of the recursive extraction of data and metadata from digital
evidence. It aims to be highly modular, robust, fault tolerant, recursive,
and scalable in order to be usable in large investigations that spawn
numerous terabytes of evidence data and cover hundreds of evidence items.

Changes: This release adds routing on evidence global metadata, a Photorec
module, and a more comprehensive router rule list. The smarter data store
module dsm2 is now the default. makeoverview has been deprecated. dsm1 has
been deprecated. staticmounts are no longer the default.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[036] - PhonoRipper 0.10.1
  by klappnase (http://freshmeat.net/users/klappnase/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 00:10

Multimedia :: Sound/Audio :: CD Audio :: CD Writing

About: PhonoRipper is an easy to use, all-in-one GUI tool for creating
audio CDs from analog sources like vinyl records. It uses Cdrdao for CD
writing and Normalize for volume normalization. Features include a fully
buffered WAV file recorder with mixer and VU meter (supporting both ALSA
and OSS drivers), automatic detection of track borders, an intuitive
drag'n'drop CD writing interface with CD-text support, CDDB queries of CD
text data, and a WYSIWYG CD cover editor.

Changes: The mixer interface was completely redesigned, and a "Mute"
switch per mixer track and a configuration option to hide selected mixer
tracks from the screen were added. Besides this, a few cosmetic changes
have taken place, and the HTML documentation and German translation were
updated.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[037] - phpW2ML 0.7
  by Marc Mongenet (http://freshmeat.net/users/mmo/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 08:38

Internet :: WWW/HTTP :: Dynamic Content
Internet :: WWW/HTTP :: HTTP Servers
Text Processing :: Markup :: XML

About: PhpW2ML is a W2ML (Web 2 Markup Language) processor written in PHP
5. W2ML extends XHTML with markup for context-sensitive, WYSIWYG, online
editing of Web pages. The phpW2ML processor is distributed with a
JavaScript editor, and with W2ML files demonstrating W2ML applications.

Changes: The outclude and backclude W2ML elements are now supported. The
exe scheme is now supported: it allows inclusion of data produced by
executables. Two bugs were fixed, and the code for document classes was
refactorized to be more modular.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[038] - Porcupine 0.5.2
  by Tassos Koutsovassilis (http://freshmeat.net/users/tkouts/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 13:56

Internet
Internet :: WWW/HTTP :: Dynamic Content
Internet :: WWW/HTTP :: Dynamic Content :: CGI Tools/Libraries

About: Porcupine is a Web application server that provides front-end and
back-end revolutionary technologies for building modern data-centric Web
2.0 applications.

Changes: This release includes the brand new version of QuiX that supports
the latest releases of Firefox, Safari, and Chrome browsers with an
enhanced list view widget implementation and a new effects module.

License: GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[039] - pulpTunes 1.0 final
  by alpeb (http://freshmeat.net/users/alpeb/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 15:45

Desktop Environment :: Theme :: Music
Multimedia :: Sound/Audio

About: pulpTunes is a Web server for the iTunes, letting you access your
music through the Web. It runs on Windows and Mac, and even any other
platform like Linux, provided you have an iTunes-like XML library file that
points at the path of your music files.

Changes: Support for AAC (.m4a) files, a redesigned client-side user
interface, and the ability to show a song's cover art. On Windows and Mac
OS X, the server attempts to find the iTunes XML config file. At startup,
it is checked if the firewall/router allows for incoming connections. If
not, a link to portforward.com is shown for help. The minimum Java version
required is now 1.5 (used to be 1.6). Memory consumption was vastly
reduced. An incompatibility with reverse proxy servers was fixed along with
a performance problem with the Party Shuffle and concurrency problems.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[040] - pyodbc 2.1.1
  by mkleehammer (http://freshmeat.net/users/mkleehammer/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 08:26

Database :: API
Software Development :: Libraries :: Python Modules

About: pyodbc is a Python module that allows you to access ODBC databases.
It implements the Python Database API Specification v2.0.

Changes: Known bugs were fixed. Non-UCS2 Unicode (Mac OS X primarily) was
fixed.

License: MIT/X Consortium License

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[041] - pytemplate: python script template 1.4.0
  by stephbul (http://freshmeat.net/users/stephbul/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 14:16

About: pytemplate is a small project intending to give Python developers a
starting framework. It allows them to properly create scripts without
struggling with configuration files and logging properties development.
These are already available through a main class that the new script will
inherit.

Changes: The template uses optparse to create new available options
directly from the script that imports the pytemplate module. It means that
the pytemplate core file does not have to be changed anymore and might be
installed as a public or private distributed Python module. RPM and deb
packages are available.

License: GNU General Public License v2

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[042] - Q7Z 0.7.5
  by Chris Giles (http://freshmeat.net/users/C_B_G/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 14:07

System :: Archiving
System :: Archiving :: Compression

About: Q7Z is an archiving tool that can update existing archives quickly,
backup a folder to a storage location, create or extract a protected
archive, and increase efficiency by using archiving profiles.

Changes: The program now looks beneath "~/.config/" for "Lists" and
"Profiles". The makefile now checks for the existence of dependencies.
Initial integration was added for the context menus in Gnome and Xfce. The
documentation is now available in HTML. Support for Dolphin and Konqueror
in KDE4 was improved. KDE 3 is no longer officially supported. UDF, XAR,
LZMA, and DMG/HFS archives are now recognized for extraction. A new Qt 4.4
event-loop limitation was worked around for cron jobs. The dependencies
were raised to Qt 4.4.1 and PyQt 4.4.3 due to bugs in earlier versions.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[043] - Renoise 2.0 RC1
  by conner_bw (http://freshmeat.net/users/conner_bw/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 15:42

Multimedia :: Sound/Audio
Multimedia :: Sound/Audio :: Capture/Recording
Multimedia :: Sound/Audio :: Editors

About: Renoise is a contemporary digital audio workstation (DAW) based
upon the heritage and development of tracker software. Its primary use is
the composition of music using samples (in WAV, AIFF, FLAC, Ogg, and MP3
format), and MIDI sequencing of VSTi soft synths.

Changes: This release features Timing and Precision, Plug-in Delay
Compensation (PDC), Audio Units, improved VST/LADSPA plugin support,
high-precision filters, drag and drop, quantization, a bigger disk browser,
an improved plug-in browser, Windows clipboard integration, improved audio
latency when recording, optimizations, GUI improvements, and more.

License: Shareware

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[044] - rsyslog 3.20.1 (v3 Stable)
  by Rainer Gerhards (http://freshmeat.net/users/rgerhards/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 14:09

System :: Logging

About: Rsyslog is an enhanced multi-threaded syslogd. Among others, it
offers support for on-demand disk buffering, reliable syslog over TCP, SSL,
TLS, and RELP, writing to databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, and many
more), email alerting, fully configurable output formats (including
high-precision timestamps), the ability to filter on any part of the syslog
message, on-the-wire message compression, and the ability to convert text
files to syslog. It is a drop-in replacement for stock syslogd and able to
work with the same configuration file syntax.

Changes: Most importantly, this version addresses a security vulnerability
that renders the $AllowedSender directive useless. See the project homepage
for the security advisory. This release also contains some bugfixes,
including a memory leak that could cause real trouble in environments that
use TLS, as well as some very small enhancements. All users are advised to
update to this release.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[045] - SmartSVN 5.0
  by syntevo GmbH (http://freshmeat.net/users/syntevo/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 21:24

Software Development :: Version Control :: Subversion

About: SmartSVN is a feature-rich and easy-to-use Subversion client. It
runs on Linux, Mac OS X, OS/2, Unix, and Windows. In addition to the normal
SVN commands like checkout, update, commit, merge, etc., it provides tag
and branch handling (no need to deal with URLs just to switch to a
different tag or branch), a built-in file compare and conflict solver, and
much more. There is no need to install additional tools for handling SVN
working copies, like a command line SVN client or a file comparison tool.

License: Free To Use But Restricted

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[046] - Snort Alert Monitor 0.4.2
  by Sam Freiberg (http://freshmeat.net/users/sfreiberg/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 08:40

Security

About: SAM is a real-time Snort alert monitor. It provides many ways to
indicate that you may be experiencing an intrusion attempt on your network,
including audio/visual warnings, email warnings, etc.

Changes: A bug where the threat index wasn't being calculated correctly
was fixed. A bug where high priority attacks on the dashboard weren't being
filtered correctly was fixed.

License: MIT/X Consortium License

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[047] - Socklib 1.0.2
  by Tim Gurney (http://freshmeat.net/users/offswn/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 14:23

Software Development :: Libraries

About: Socklib is a C library that provides a selection of socket
functions.

Changes: A new read_from_tcp_socket function has been added to allow
generic reads from a TCP socket.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[048] - SquirrelMail 1.4.17 (Stable)
  by Paul Lesniewski (http://freshmeat.net/users/pdontthink/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 08:52

Communications :: Email
Communications :: Email :: Email Clients (MUA)
Internet :: WWW/HTTP

About: SquirrelMail is a standards-based Webmail package. It includes
built-in pure PHP support for the IMAP and SMTP protocols, and all pages
are rendered in pure HTML 4.0 for maximum compatibility across browsers. It
has very few requirements, and is very easy to configure and install. It
has all the functionality you would want from an email client, including
strong MIME support, address books, and folder manipulation.

Changes: White space wrapping of auto-generated SquirrelMail option
widgets may now be controlled. Matching of alternate identities when
replying was fixed. HTTPS detection under Windows IIS was fixed, as it was
incorrectly setting cookies to be transmitted only over a secure
connections when none existed. An XSS exploit in hyperlinks when rendering
messages was fixed.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[049] - Strasheela 0.9.8
  by Torsten Anders (http://freshmeat.net/users/tanders/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 08:25

Artistic Software
Multimedia :: Sound/Audio
Software Development :: Libraries :: Application Frameworks

About: Strasheela is a highly expressive constraint-based music
composition system. Users declaratively state a music theory and the
computer generates music which complies with this theory. A theory is
formulated as a constraint satisfaction problem (CSP) by a set of rules
(constraints) applied to a music representation in which some aspects are
expressed by variables (unknowns). Music constraint programming is
style-independent and is well-suited for highly complex theories (e.g. a
fully-fledged theory of harmony). Results can be output into various
formats including MIDI, Lilypond, and Csound.

Changes: This release fixes a serious bug which even caused a compilation
error. In order to avoid such errors in the future, the code has been
cleaned up, and virtually all compiler warnings are now fixed as well. In
addition, the tutorial revision continued, and some distribution strategies
have been optimized.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[050] - Sutekh 0.6.1 (Stable)
  by Simon Cross (http://freshmeat.net/users/hodgestar/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 21:27

Games/Entertainment

About: Sutekh is a card collection manager for the game called "Vampire:
the Eternal Struggle" (VtES). Card information is stored in an SQL database
backend. Current functionality includes parsing information from the
official VtES card list and ruling HTML files, exporting of decks to HTML
and ARDB XML files, flexible filtering of lists of cards, backing up and
restoring of the card database, configurable selection of which card
information is displayed, and basic deck analysis.

Changes: This release provides some important fixes and new functionality,
including fixing reading cards from the White Wolf Web site when starting
up and support for exporting decks to Lackey CCG and JOL formats.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[051] - sysprof 1.0.12
  by Søren Sandmann (http://freshmeat.net/users/sandmann/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 08:29

Software Development

About: Sysprof is a sampling CPU profiler that uses a Linux kernel module
to profile the entire system, not just a single application. It handles
shared libraries, and applications do not need to be recompiled. It
profiles all running processes, not just a single application, has a nice
graphical interface, shows the time spent in each branch of the call tree,
can load and save profiles, and is easy to use.

Changes: This version compiles with recent kernels, even on x86-64.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[052] - Tarzan 2.0 rc1
  by WarpShare (http://freshmeat.net/users/warpshare/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 08:22

Internet :: WWW/HTTP :: Dynamic Content
Software Development :: Libraries :: PHP Classes

About: Tarzan is a fast, powerful PHP toolkit for building Web
applications with AWS. It has complete support for Amazon S3, CloudFront,
EC2, SimpleDB, SQS, and Amazon Associates. Its support for MultiCurl allows
for fast batch operations. It provides a caching layer for speeding up
frequently accessed operations. It is well documented and well supported.

License: BSD License (revised)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[053] - TCExam 7.0.005
  by Nicola Asuni (http://freshmeat.net/users/nicolaasuni/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 15:43

Education :: Testing

About: TCExam is Web-based assessment software for generating and managing
online tests and exams. It simplifies the exam cycle, including generation,
execution, evaluation, presentation, and archiving.

Changes: This version includes several bugfixes, updated translations, and
minor improvements.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[054] - TCPDF 4.3.007 (PHP5)
  by Nicola Asuni (http://freshmeat.net/users/nicolaasuni/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 14:26

Software Development :: Libraries :: PHP Classes
Text Processing

About: TCPDF is a PHP class for generating PDF documents without requiring
external extensions. TCPDF supports all ISO page formats and custom page
formats, custom margins and units of measure, UTF-8 Unicode, RTL languages,
HTML, barcodes, TrueTypeUnicode, TrueType, OpenType, Type1, and CID-0
fonts, images, graphic functions, clipping, bookmarks, JavaScript, forms,
page compression, and encryption.

Changes: This version includes support for PNG alpha channel
(transparency) and fixes several font-related issues.

License: GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[055] - Threaded-Samba-Scanner 3.2
  by Magnus-swe (http://freshmeat.net/users/magnusswe/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 21:25

Desktop Environment :: File Managers
System :: Networking

About: Threaded-Samba-Scanner scans all available local subnets for Samba
hosts and shows their names and IP addresses. The scanner is fast, secure,
and easy to use.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[056] - XForms 1.0.91
  by Jens Thoms Törring (http://freshmeat.net/users/jtto/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 00:04

Software Development :: Widget Sets

About: XForms is a GUI toolkit based on Xlib. It comes with a rich set of
objects such as buttons, browsers, sliders, and menus integrated into an
elegant event/object callback execution model that allows for fast and easy
construction of X applications. In addition, the library supports loading
and writing images, format conversion, and simple image processing. It
consists of a flexible set of C-routines that can be used in C and C++
programs, is efficient and portable, and runs on all major Unix platforms
and OpenVMS, OS/2, and Windows NT.

Changes: This is a maintenance release, i.e. it concentrates on bug fixes
and code cleanup and not on adding new features. The public interface has
mostly remained unchanged.

License: GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[057] - Xtwitter 0.4
  by Tsukasa Hamano (http://freshmeat.net/users/hamano/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 18:33

About: Xtwitter is very tiny twitter client for the X Window System.

Changes: This release adds a -v option to print the version. It fixes a
bug where downloading failed for profile image URLs containing UTF-8
characters.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[058] - Yii 1.0.0
  by Qiang Xue (http://freshmeat.net/users/qiangxue/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 08:30

Database :: API
Internet :: WWW/HTTP
Software Development :: Libraries :: PHP Classes

About: Yii is a high-performance, component-based PHP framework for
developing large-scale Web applications. Yii comes with a full stack of
features needed by Web application development. It is written in a strict
OOP style and is easy to learn with its detailed tutorials. Its highly
reusable components allows one to rapidly build up a Web application that
is efficient as well as robust.

Changes: Four new components were added: CTabView, CStarRating,
CUploadedFile, and CFileValidator. Several components were enhanced with
new minor features. Five reported issues were fixed.

License: BSD License (revised)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[059] - Zina 2.0alpha12
  by Ryan (http://freshmeat.net/users/pancake/)
  Thu, Dec 4th 2008 13:53

Internet :: WWW/HTTP :: Dynamic Content
Multimedia :: Sound/Audio :: Players :: MP3

About: Zina is a graphical interface to your MP3 collection, a personal
jukebox, a Podcaster, and an MP3 streamer. It can run alone, be embedded
into an existing Web site, or be used as a module in Drupal, Joomla,
Wordpress, Xoops, and others.

Changes: This release adds support for the PHP mysqli extension. Zina's
output should now also validate as XHTML 1.0 Strict. Some minor bugs were
also fixed.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)