List:       freshmeat-news
Subject:    [fm-news] Newsletter for Tuesday, December 02nd 2008
From:       The freshmeat daily newsletter <freshmeat-news () lists ! freshmeat ! net>
Date:       2008-12-03 0:10:03

> > > L I N K S   F O R   T H E   D A Y :::

Today's news on the web: http://freshmeat.net/daily/2008/12/02/
freshmeat.net newsgroup: news:///fm.announce

- --.  ..-. .- -.---.-..-- --..-----  -  .. .   --.---.---- -----

> > > A D V E R T I S I N G :::

Perforce SCM: Versions and manages

Install Perforce in less than 10 min. and get your projects under source
control.

http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;206902539;13503038;y?http://www.sourceforge.net/powerbar/perforce/?referrer=sfnews

- - --..- ----. -.-- - --. --.- -----.-- --. ---.  --- -----.----

> > > R E L E A S E   H E A D L I N E S (69) :::

[001] - Agenda XML 0.1.25
[002] - AgileWiki 11.5 (Element Model)
[003] - Antiprism 0.19.1
[004] - Asymptote 1.55
[005] - AVR Eclipse Plugin 2.3
[006] - Backtrace Library 1.0.1
[007] - Bitvector Library 1.0.0
[008] - clive 2.0.0 (Stable)
[009] - clive-utils 2.0.0
[010] - Coadunation OS 1.0.B3
[011] - Dates Library 1.0.0
[012] - deluge-torrent 1.0.6
[013] - dhcpcd 4.0.7
[014] - docu 0.1.1
[015] - DRBPoll 1.6
[016] - dstat 0.6.9
[017] - dwdiff 1.5
[018] - Dynablock Library 1.0.0
[019] - ELF statifier 1.6.15
[020] - ERDmpd 0.9
[021] - ferm 2.0.4 (Stable)
[022] - Filefunc Library 1.0.0
[023] - fookebox 0.2.0
[024] - FreeIPMI 0.7.3
[025] - Gammu 1.21.93 (Testing)
[026] - Gargoyle Router Management Utility 1.0.0 Beta 3
[027] - Generic Linked Lists Library 1.0.0
[028] - GLib 2.19.2 (Development)
[029] - Google C++ Testing Framework 1.2.0
[030] - Hash Library 1.0.0
[031] - History Library 1.0.0
[032] - I2P 0.6.5
[033] - Jal v2 2.4i
[034] - JChart2D 3.1.0
[035] - KchmViewer 4.0
[036] - KShutDown 2.0 Beta 3
[037] - lesspipe.sh 1.60
[038] - Logfile Library 1.0.0
[039] - Lzip 1.2-pre1 (Development)
[040] - Mesh Viewer 0.3.2
[041] - microregex 1.0b5
[042] - myarray 1.0
[043] - MySQL 5.1.30 (Production (5.1.x))
[044] - Nagios 3.0.6
[045] - Octopussy 0.9.8.8
[046] - Pyjamas 0.4
[047] - Random Number Library 1.0.0
[048] - Run BASIC Free Edition 1.01
[049] - Scheduler Library 1.0.0
[050] - Shed Skin 0.0.30
[051] - SimCList 1.4
[052] - Socklib 1.0.0
[053] - spamdyke 4.0.9
[054] - Stackbuf Library 1.0.0
[055] - StopDuplicates 1.2.0 Beta
[056] - Strfunc Library 1.0.0
[057] - Swig Starter Kit 0.0.2
[058] - Syntext Serna 4.0.0
[059] - TkCVS 8.2
[060] - TrueCrypt 6.1a
[061] - Tunguska 0.5
[062] - Utils Library 1.0.0
[063] - Veusz 1.2.1
[064] - whohas 0.21
[065] - WordPress Testing 2.7 RC 1
[066] - WP Clipart 7.0
[067] - xorriso 0.3.0
[068] - Xvid 1.2.0
[069] - Yaalr 1.3

- ---.- ----..-.-  -.- -- .---------.- -- --   ---.-   -.- -...-.

> > > R E L E A S E   D E T A I L S :::

[001] - Agenda XML 0.1.25
  by Toni (http://freshmeat.net/users/arosar2002/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 22:09

Office/Business :: Scheduling

About: Agenda XML is a simple project time tracker for Gnome and Kde. It
places itself in the notification bar and keeps data in a readable XML file
in the user's home directory.

Changes: This release adds profiles, profile management from the tray
menu, a new activity log file, and a new Current Project Graph option. Icon
tray tooltip text now includes the profile name. A bug that crashed the app
when changing the selected project from the icon tray menu has been fixed.
The input box has been changed to a custom form (due to a bug in Gambas, it
looked ugly).

License: GNU General Public License v2

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[002] - AgileWiki 11.5 (Element Model)
  by Bill la Forge (http://freshmeat.net/users/laforge49/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 10:34

Database
Documentation
Information Management

About: AgileWiki is an SDK for assembling software systems which are
fluid, easily configured and can be reorganized on-the-fly to meet ever
changing requirements. It includes a COW-based database, the Rolonics
programming paradigm, and semantic inferencing.

Changes: Now addKeyword, removeKeyword, keywordSearch, and relationSearch
commands were added. Deleting a relation rolon now removes all of its uses.
INodes subordinate to an element are now properly freed when the element is
removed.

License: Common Public License

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[003] - Antiprism 0.19.1
  by Adrian Rossiter (http://freshmeat.net/users/adrian_r/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 15:29

Multimedia :: Graphics :: 3D Modeling
Scientific/Engineering :: Mathematics
Scientific/Engineering :: Visualization

About: Antiprism is a set of programs for generating, manipulating,
transforming, and viewing models of polyhedra.

Changes: This release includes changes to allow building with GCC 4.3 (as
used in Ubuntu 8.10).

License: MIT/X Consortium License

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[004] - Asymptote 1.55
  by John Bowman (http://freshmeat.net/users/jcbowman/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 10:38

Education
Multimedia :: Graphics :: Editors :: Vector-Based
Scientific/Engineering

About: Asymptote is a powerful descriptive vector graphics language for
technical drawing, inspired by MetaPost but with an improved C++-like
syntax. It provides for figures the same high-quality level of typesetting
that LaTeX does for scientific text. Asymptote is a programming language as
opposed to just a graphics program. It can exploit the best features of
script (command-driven) and graphical user interface (GUI) methods.
High-level graphics commands are implemented in the language itself,
allowing them to be easily tailored to specific applications.

Changes: A serious bug in drawing paths of length 0 that broke the
dot(pair) routine was fixed. Problems in guide to path and path to guide
conversions were fixed. A triple invert(pair) routine was added for
inverting a pair z onto the projection plane. The obsolete field of view
factor was removed.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[005] - AVR Eclipse Plugin 2.3
  by Thomas Holland (http://freshmeat.net/users/innot/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 21:39

Software Development :: Build Tools
Software Development :: Embedded Systems

About: The AVR Eclipse Plugin is a multi-platform plugin for the powerful
Eclipse IDE, and supports the development of applications for the Atmel AVR
series of 8-bit embedded microcontrollers. It integrates the avr-gcc
toolchain in Eclipse, and has many features to make life for the AVR
developer easier.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[006] - Backtrace Library 1.0.1
  by Tim Gurney (http://freshmeat.net/users/offswn/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 17:52

Software Development :: Libraries

About: Backtrace is a C library that replicates the bt functionality from
gdb. This can be used on code as it is developed and on live code, to allow
function stack tracing without having to run under gdb.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[007] - Bitvector Library 1.0.0
  by Tim Gurney (http://freshmeat.net/users/offswn/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 17:52

Software Development :: Libraries

About: Bitvector is a C library that allows you to use strings rather than
ints for internal flags. On many platforms, ints are limited to 32 bits and
are thus limited to 32 flags available for a given flag variable. Bitvector
uses a resizing char array for flags, allowing much greater flexibility for
flag management.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[008] - clive 2.0.0 (Stable)
  by legatvs (http://freshmeat.net/users/legatvs/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 15:20

Multimedia :: Video

About: clive is a command line utility for extracting videos from Youtube
and other video sharing Web sites. It was originally written to bypass the
Adobe Flash requirement needed to view the hosted videos. It is
non-interactive, meaning it can work in the background while the user is
not logged on. This allows the user to start an extraction and disconnect
from the system, letting clive finish the work.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[009] - clive-utils 2.0.0
  by legatvs (http://freshmeat.net/users/legatvs/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 15:21

Multimedia :: Video

About: clive-utils is a project that contains additional utilities that
can be used together with the clive utility.

Changes: Some minor tweaks were made to the utilities since the last beta.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[010] - Coadunation OS 1.0.B3
  by coadunation (http://freshmeat.net/users/coadunation/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 15:17

About: Coadunation is a Cloud OS. It has been designed to merge local,
Internet, and intranet content into a single seamless environment, all
accessible through a simple-to-use Web desktop. It comes standard with a
news feed enabled desktop, a distributable core, a DNS server, a mail
server, mail clients, a database, a wiki, a Hudson build server, PHP
application support, an application server, and more.

Changes: This version changes the project from a Web OS into a Cloud OS.
This has been done through the incorporation of a desktop news feed system
that aggregates feeds from local events, intranet events, and Internet
events. This enables the desktop to always be related to what is happening
within the current environment and to be a useful piece of real estate.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[011] - Dates Library 1.0.0
  by Tim Gurney (http://freshmeat.net/users/offswn/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 17:52

Software Development :: Libraries

About: Dates is a C library that provides a selection of date based
functions.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[012] - deluge-torrent 1.0.6
  by andar (http://freshmeat.net/users/andar/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 21:50

Internet

About: Deluge is a full-featured BitTorrent client. It features a rich
plugin collection and was created with the intention of being lightweight
and unobtrusive. It works well under any desktop environment.

Changes: Some minor bugfixes all around, and many improvements to the
build system.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[013] - dhcpcd 4.0.7
  by Roy Marples (http://freshmeat.net/users/uberl0rd/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 22:07

About: dhcpcd is an RFC2131 compliant DHCP client. It is fully featured
and yet lightweight: the binary is 46k as reported by size(1) on Linux
i386. It has support for duplicate address detection, IPv4LL, carrier
detection, and a merged resolv.conf and ntp.conf for which other DHCP
clients require third party tools.

Changes: This release fixes the flapping interface link clearing timer.
This release warns correctly if there is not a monotonic clock. Host routes
are now correctly added and removed on BSD systems. Subnet routes with
metrics have a source address on Linux systems.

License: BSD License (revised)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[014] - docu 0.1.1
  by Josh Heidenreich (http://freshmeat.net/users/TheJosh1234/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 10:27

Software Development :: Documentation

About: Docu is a code documenter that stores its data in a database,
rather than generating the documentation as files, allowing for such useful
features as searching. It currently documents PHP, using a MySQL database,
but support for other languages and output engines is planned.

Changes: This release added support for PostgreSQL and SQLite and Javadoc
tag features. The viewer was cleaned up.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[015] - DRBPoll 1.6
  by Don (http://freshmeat.net/users/drb072378/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 00:24

Internet :: WWW/HTTP :: Dynamic Content

About: DRBPoll is a simple PHP poll script that doesn't require a
database. It allows you to put a poll form on virtually any page on your
Web site. The results page displays a colored bar graph of the votes. The
look and feel of the poll form and results page can be customized using a
standard CSS file. Data is stored in flat files, so no database is
required.

Changes: A minor XHTML bug has been fixed.

License: Free To Use But Restricted

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[016] - dstat 0.6.9
  by Dag Wieers (http://freshmeat.net/users/dag/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 21:59

System :: Diagnostics
System :: Monitoring
System :: Operating System Kernels :: Linux

About: dstat is a versatile replacement for vmstat, iostat, netstat,
nfsstat, and ifstat. It includes various counters (in separate plugins) and
allows you to select and view all of your system resources instantly; you
can, for example, compare disk usage in combination with interrupts from
your IDE controller, or compare the network bandwidth numbers directly with
the disk throughput (in the same interval).

Changes: This release adds new plugins for counters with respect to open
files, inodes, sockets, asynchronous I/O, pagefaults, and completed I/O
requests. It adds a --list option to list all available plugins. It adds a
VMware guest memctl plugin.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[017] - dwdiff 1.5
  by gphalkes (http://freshmeat.net/users/gphalkes/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 15:22

Text Processing

About: dwdiff is a front-end for the diff program that operates at  the
word level instead of the line level. It is different from  wdiff in that
it allows the user to specify what should be  considered whitespace, and in
that it takes an optional  list of characters that should be considered
delimiters.  Delimiters are single characters that are treated as if  they
are words, even when there is no whitespace  separating them from preceding
words or delimiters.  dwdiff is mostly commandline compatible with wdiff.
The  default output from dwdiff is the new text, with the  deleted and
inserted parts annotated with markers.  Command line options are available
to change both  what is printed and the markers.

Changes: The difference algorithm has been improved such that it gives
better results for large changes with frequently occurring words.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[018] - Dynablock Library 1.0.0
  by Tim Gurney (http://freshmeat.net/users/offswn/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 17:52

Software Development :: Libraries

About: Dynablock is a C library that allows you to create dynamic blocks
of memory that you can use for returning strings or passing around data.
This eliminates the need for static char variables or mallocing memory and
then making sure you free it correctly.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[019] - ELF statifier 1.6.15
  by Valery Reznic (http://freshmeat.net/users/valery_reznic/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 10:33

Software Development
System

About: Executable files may be linked statically or dynamically.
Dynamically linked executables use  less disk space and memory, but require
appropriative dynamic libraries present in order  to run. ELF statifier
make one executable file with no run-time dependencies from a dynamically
linked executable and all its libraries. This file can be copied and run on
another machine with no need for all of the libraries.

Changes: Support for Slackware 12.0 and a fix for improper errno/strtoul
usage.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[020] - ERDmpd 0.9
  by Gibby (http://freshmeat.net/users/gibsons/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 21:41

Software Development

About: ERDmpd is an interface to the mpc command line utility to control
the MPD audio server. It should work anywhere MPD and mpc can run.

Changes: This release has changed all files, and is now showing MPD
file.

License: GNU General Public License v2

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[021] - ferm 2.0.4 (Stable)
  by Max Kellermann (http://freshmeat.net/users/mkellermann/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 21:39

System :: Networking :: Firewalls

About: ferm is a tool to maintain and setup complicated firewall rules. It
allows one to reduce the tedious task of carefully inserting rules and
chains, thus enabling the firewall administrator to spend more time on
developing good rules, and less time on the proper implementation of those
rules. These rules will be executed by the preferred kernel interface, such
as ipchains and iptables, and in one pass. Firewall rules can also be split
into different files and loaded at will.

Changes: This release enables policy-only domains. It doesn't list custom
chains in --flush --fast mode.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[022] - Filefunc Library 1.0.0
  by Tim Gurney (http://freshmeat.net/users/offswn/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 17:53

Software Development :: Libraries

About: Filefunc is a C library that gives access to a set of simple
functions for reading and writing ints and strings to a file.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[023] - fookebox 0.2.0
  by Stefan Ott (http://freshmeat.net/users/cockroach/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 10:30

Multimedia :: Sound/Audio
Multimedia :: Sound/Audio :: Players

About: fookebox is a jukebox-style Web frontend to mpd. It can serve as a
keyboard-less jukebox or as a generic mpd frontend, depending on your
preferences.

Changes: The ability to auto-queue songs when the playlist gets empty was
added.

License: GNU General Public License v2

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[024] - FreeIPMI 0.7.3
  by Albert Chu (http://freshmeat.net/users/chu11/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 10:28

Software Development :: Libraries
System :: Clustering/Distributed Networks
System :: Diagnostics

About: FreeIPMI provides in-band and out-of-band IPMI software based on
the IPMI v1.5/2.0 specification. It has a number of useful features for
large HPC or cluster environments.

Changes: This release adds workarounds for motherboards that do not
support the Get Sensor Thresholds command. It adds additional
ipmimonitoring sensor interpretations. It fixes macro names and string
names for sensor groups. It fixes a variety of corner cases for bugs in
ipmi-sensors, ipmiconsole, ipmi-sel, ipmimonitoring, libfreeipmi, and
libipmimonitoring. It adds/fixes a variety of documentation.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[025] - Gammu 1.21.93 (Testing)
  by Michal &#268;iha&#345; (http://freshmeat.net/users/nijel/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 18:09

Communications :: Telephony
Utilities

About: Gammu (formerly known as MyGnokii2) is a cellular manager for
various mobile phones/modems. It supports a wide variety of Nokia, Symbian,
and AT devices (Siemens, Alcatel, Falcom, WaveCom, IPAQ, Samsung, SE, and
others) over cables, infrared, or BlueTooth. It contains libraries with
functions for ringtones, phonebook, SMS, logos, WAP, date/time, alarm,
calls, and more (used by external applications like Wammu). It also
includes a command line utility that can make many things (including
backups) and an SMS gateway with full MySQL and PostgreSQL support from the
PHP interface.

Changes: This time most fixes are in the build system area, especially now
that it is possible to compile Gammu using Borland C++ 5.5. The author's
hacks for cross-compilation to Windows on Linux have been dropped in favour
of cross-compilation features in CMake 2.6.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[026] - Gargoyle Router Management Utility 1.0.0 Beta 3
  by ericpaulbishop (http://freshmeat.net/users/ericpaulbishop/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 10:31

System :: Hardware
System :: Networking
System :: Networking :: Firewalls

About: Gargoyle is an interface for small, widely available routers such
as the Linksys WRT54G series and the La Fonera. It provides functionality
above and beyond what the default software provides including sophisticated
dynamic DNS, quality of service, and bandwidth monitoring tools. The
primary goal is to provide a polished interface for these advanced tools
that is at least as easy to configure as any existing firmware. This
project is based on top of OpenWrt, but unlike other Web interfaces for
OpenWrt it places a strong focus an usability and is meant for average
users, not just power users.

Changes: Improvements include the addition of an access restriction
section to allow filtering of network resources by IP, port, protocol,
and/or Web page URL. A bandwidth quotas section has also been added, which
allows the setting of fixed limits for upload/download bandwidth of users
on the network. Finally, the QoS implementation has been improved
dramatically to better handle layer 7 matching. Multiple minor bugs have
also been fixed.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[027] - Generic Linked Lists Library 1.0.0
  by Tim Gurney (http://freshmeat.net/users/offswn/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 17:53

Software Development :: Libraries

About: GLL (Generic Linked Lists) is a C library that provides generic
linked list support.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[028] - GLib 2.19.2 (Development)
  by Moritz Barsnick (http://freshmeat.net/users/barsnick/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 15:31

Software Development :: Libraries

About: GLib is a library containing many useful C routines for things such
as trees, hashes, and lists. GLib was previously distributed with the GTK
toolkit, but has been split off as of the developers' version 1.1.0.

Changes: GIO was enhanced with GIcon serialization support, with a new
file attribute for preview images, with a new function to get the full
commandline, and with new functions to "shadow" mounts. Many bugs were
fixed.

License: GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[029] - Google C++ Testing Framework 1.2.0
  by Vlad Losev (http://freshmeat.net/users/vladlosev/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 00:17

Software Development :: Testing

About: Google C++ Testing Framework is Google's framework for writing C++
tests on a variety of platforms. It is based on the xUnit architecture, and
it supports automatic test discovery, a rich set of assertions,
user-defined assertions, death tests, fatal and non-fatal failures, various
options for running the tests, and XML test report generation.

Changes: Value-parameterized tests and failure catching assertions have
been implemented. The XML report format has been changed to match that of
JUnit/Ant's. Test atrgets have been added to the XCode project. A
SConscript build file has been added to build Google Test with SCons. An
src/gtest-all.cc file has been added for building Google Test from a single
file. Compatibility issues on Solaris and z/OS have been fixed. Tests on
systems with Python 2.3 (such as Mac OS X 10.3) have been enabled. Multiple
bugs have been fixed.

License: BSD License (revised)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[030] - Hash Library 1.0.0
  by Tim Gurney (http://freshmeat.net/users/offswn/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 17:54

Software Development :: Libraries

About: Hash is a C library that provides a selection of hash based
functions.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[031] - History Library 1.0.0
  by Tim Gurney (http://freshmeat.net/users/offswn/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 17:54

Software Development :: Libraries

About: History is a C library that provides functions for retaining
histories.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[032] - I2P 0.6.5
  by welterde (http://freshmeat.net/users/welterde/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 18:13

Communications
Internet
Security

About: I2P is an anonymizing network, offering a simple layer that
identity-sensitive applications can use to securely communicate. All data
is wrapped with several layers of encryption, and the network is both
distributed and dynamic, with no trusted parties.

Changes: This release introduces new components, drops some old ones (like
the old TCP transport), and has been optimized to perform better. The BOB
(Basic Open Bridge) protocol is introduced, for use by client applications
that cannot import I2CP libraries directly. This deprecates the old SAM
protocol that was previously used in such cases. Improved code should be
better at preventing congestion.

License: GNU General Public License v2

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[033] - Jal v2 2.4i
  by Sebastien Lelong (http://freshmeat.net/users/SirLoon/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 10:33

Software Development :: Code Generators
Software Development :: Compilers
Software Development :: Libraries

About: JALv2 is a rewrite of Wouter van Ooijen's Just Another Language. It
adds more variable types, built-in multiply and divide, CASE statements for
flow control, and co-operative multi-tasking. An index is allowed in FOR
loops, and variables are automatically placed on any page.

Changes: This release added return statements from inline functions. The
way parameters and arrays are handled was fixed. Compiler directives ("if
cexpr...'') no longer open a "block", allowing conditional compiling and
library including. The documentation about target clocks was fixed. A
suffix was added to display the version (2.4i).

License: BSD License (original)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[034] - JChart2D 3.1.0
  by Achim Westermann (http://freshmeat.net/users/achimwestermann/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 10:32

Multimedia :: Graphics :: Presentation
Scientific/Engineering :: Visualization
Software Development :: Libraries

About: JChart2D is a Swing widget for precise runtime visualization of
numerical tuples in an x-y plot. It is easy to use and is designed for
runtime display. Unlike other charting tools that cover all kinds of views
(pie, bar, etc.), it just creates precise x-y plots. It is thread-safe:
many different threads in an application may each add data to plot. A
single chart may contain multiple different traces. It also features
automatic scaling, choice of unit, viewports (zooming), output to images
(png, jpeg), logarithmic axis, and custom rendering of datapoints (lines,
dots, discs, filled polygons).

Changes: Minor bugs related to the user interface have been fixed. New
features have been added: single data points may be highlighted, traces may
be tracked with a tool tip, charts may be saved to EPS files, and charts
may be printed via a print dialog.

License: GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[035] - KchmViewer 4.0
  by Georgy Yunaev (http://freshmeat.net/users/gyunaev/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 10:29

Office/Business
Utilities

About: kchmviewer is a CHM (Winhelp) files viewer written in Qt/ KDE. It
can be build as a stand-alone Qt-based application or a KDE application.
The main point is compatibility with non-English CHM files, including most
international character sets. It has the features set of standard viewer:
search (including non-English CHMs), bookmarking, font size changing,
index/content browsing, codepage support, and more.

Changes: This release implemented binary TOC and index tables, which
speeds up loading of files significantly. A 'waiting' cursor is now
displayed while loading the CHM table of contents or index. QTextBrowser
was fixed by providing a workaround for "empty" books. More compatibility
fixes were made for KDE 4.1. D-BUS support was added for Qt and KDE builds.
The application can now be controlled remotely from other applications or
scripts. Translations are restored.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[036] - KShutDown 2.0 Beta 3
  by kdt (http://freshmeat.net/users/kdt/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 10:30

Utilities

About: KShutDown is an advanced shutdown utility for KDE. It has four main
commands: Turn Off Computer (logout and halt the system), Restart Computer
(logout and reboot the system), Lock Session (lock the screen using a
screen saver), and End Current Session (end the session and logout the
user). It features time and delay options, command line support, panel
applet, and sounds.

Changes: This release for KDE4 includes many new features, including a
"When selected application exit" trigger, progress bar, and notifications.
Language translations were added. Bugfixes and minor improvements were
made.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[037] - lesspipe.sh 1.60
  by Wolfgang Friebel (http://freshmeat.net/users/friebel/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 10:35

Text Processing

About: lesspipe.sh is an input filter for the pager less as described in
less's man page. The script runs under a ksh-compatible shell (ksh, bash,
zsh) and allows you to use less to view files with binary content,
compressed files, archives, and files contained in archives. Viewing files
by accessing a device file is implemented to some extent (DOS filesystems
and tar files). It supports many formats (both as plain and compressed
files using compress, gzip, bzip2, or zip). Syntax highlighting for many
languages is available through a helper script, "code2color".

Changes: A major restructuring of the lesspipe code took place. Support
for even more file types has been added (e.g. jar and lzip). The test suite
was enhanced, several bugs were fixed, and the code was cleaned up. The
documentation has been updated.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[038] - Logfile Library 1.0.0
  by Tim Gurney (http://freshmeat.net/users/offswn/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 17:54

Software Development :: Libraries

About: Logfile is a C library that provides a basic logging function.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[039] - Lzip 1.2-pre1 (Development)
  by Antonio Diaz Diaz (http://freshmeat.net/users/ant_diaz/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 18:11

System :: Archiving :: Compression

About: Lzip is a lossless data compressor based on the LZMA algorithm,
with very safe integrity checking and a user interface almost identical to
the one of bzip2. Lzip decompresses almost as fast as gzip and compresses
better than bzip2, which makes it well suited for software distribution.

Changes: Lzgrep, a grep wrapper for gzip, bzip2, and lzip compressed
files, has been added to the distribution.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[040] - Mesh Viewer 0.3.2
  by Helmut Cantzler (http://freshmeat.net/users/cantzler/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 21:48

Multimedia :: Graphics :: 3D Rendering
Scientific/Engineering :: Visualization

About: The Mesh Viewer is an easy-to-use, lightweight application for
displaying three dimensional models (triangular meshes) from a variety of
file formats. It uses OpenGL to render the models. Triangular meshes can be
displayed texture mapped (with optional bilinear filtering), solid, or as a
wire frame (all lines or just the front lines). Loaded models can be
rotated, translated, and scaled (all done with the mouse). The model is
lighted by multiple light sources. Viewpoints can be saved.

Changes: This release features support for new 3D file formats, qmake
support, several minor enhancements (bounding box, mouse wheel support,
etc.), and some bugfixes.

License: GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[041] - microregex 1.0b5
  by Mooneer Salem (http://freshmeat.net/users/mind2198/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 10:34

Text Processing

About: microregex is a lightweight regular expression library written in C
for the Kite programming language (although it is usable for other
purposes). It uses Perl syntax with a few things currently unimplemented.

Changes: Memory leaks were fixed.

License: BSD License (revised)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[042] - myarray 1.0
  by psYchotic (http://freshmeat.net/users/szwanenburg/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 21:58

Software Development :: Libraries

About: myarray is a simple little library that implements
arbitrarily-sized homogeneous arrays, meaning that they can only store one
type of element each. This type is specified by the programmer whenever an
array is created. It was made to resemble GLib's GArray, so its usage
should be similar.

License: MIT/X Consortium License

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[043] - MySQL 5.1.30 (Production (5.1.x))
  by Patrick Lenz (http://freshmeat.net/users/scoop/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 10:35

Database :: Database Engines/Servers

About: MySQL is a widely used and fast SQL database server. It is a
client/server implementation that consists of a server daemon (mysqld) and
many different client programs/libraries.

Changes: This versino provides a number of new enhancements including
table and index partitioning, row-based and mixed replication, a built-in
job scheduler, improved XML handling with XPath support, new SQL diagnostic
aids and performance utilities, and the return of the embedded library
(libmysqld).

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[044] - Nagios 3.0.6
  by Ethan Galstad (http://freshmeat.net/users/nagios/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 10:30

System :: Networking :: Monitoring

About: Nagios (formerly Netsaint) is a daemon written in C that is
designed to monitor networked hosts and services. It has the ability to
notify contacts (via email, pager or other methods) when problems arise and
are resolved. Host and service checks are performed by external "plugins",
making it easy to write custom checks in your language of choice. Several
CGIs are included in order to allow you to view the current and historical
status via a Web browser, and a WAP interface is also provided to allow you
to acknowlege problems and disable notifications from an internet-ready
cellphone.

Changes: Security fixes related to CGI submission of external commands and
processing of adaptive data commands. x509 certificate authentication
support and wildcard host matching in CGIs were added. Minor improvements
were made to the RPM spec file, out-of-disk-space error handling, and
system command timeout handling.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[045] - Octopussy 0.9.8.8
  by sebthebert (http://freshmeat.net/users/sebthebert/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 21:41

Internet :: Log Analysis
System :: Logging
System :: Monitoring

About: Octopussy is a solution to manage your logs (also frequently called
a SIM/SEM/SIEM Solution). Basically, it stores your logs, produces reports,
and raises alerts.

Changes: A major bug has been fixed in octo_dispatcher. The 'apache2
restart' bug has been fixed. You can now limit the number of minutes to
search for restricted users. Some minor WebUI improvements have been made.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[046] - Pyjamas 0.4
  by Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton (http://freshmeat.net/users/lkcl/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 15:27

Internet :: WWW/HTTP :: Browsers
Internet :: WWW/HTTP :: Dynamic Content
Software Development

About: Pyjamas is a Python-to-Javascript compiler and an AJAX widget set
for Web application development (its sister project is pyjamas-desktop). It
is a port of Google's Web Toolkit to Python.

Changes: This release adds widgets from GWT 1.5 such as DecoratedPanel and
DecoratedTabBar; yet another user-agent fix to deal with the recent
user-agent string change of IE7; additional builtin support for functions
such as repr, ord, and chr; the beginnings of exception handling; and much
more.

License: The Apache License 2.0

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[047] - Random Number Library 1.0.0
  by Tim Gurney (http://freshmeat.net/users/offswn/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 17:55

Software Development :: Libraries

About: Random is a C library that provides a selection of random number
generation functions.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[048] - Run BASIC Free Edition 1.01
  by Carl Gundel (http://freshmeat.net/users/CarlGundel/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 00:17

Database :: Database Engines/Servers
Education
Internet :: WWW/HTTP

About: Run BASIC is a powerful, all-in-one Web programming system and
application server, designed to make Web programming easy. Its capabilities
include the use of the BASIC scripting language, graphics, XML, SQLite
database, Cascading Style Sheets, and more. A help file, a tutorial, and
example programs are included. This free edition lets you experiment with
the Run BASIC system on a single computer.

License: Freeware

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[049] - Scheduler Library 1.0.0
  by Tim Gurney (http://freshmeat.net/users/offswn/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 17:55

Software Development :: Libraries

About: Scheduler is a C library that provides function execution based on
time, in the style of cron or at.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[050] - Shed Skin 0.0.30
  by srepmub (http://freshmeat.net/users/srepmub/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 21:56

Software Development :: Compilers

About: Shed Skin is an experimental (restricted-)Python-to-C++ compiler.
It accepts pure but implicitly statically typed Python programs and
generates optimized C++ code. The result can be further compiled to
stand-alone programs or extension modules. For a set of 16 non-trivial test
programs, measurements show a typical speedup of 2-40 over Psyco, about 10
on average, and 2-220 over CPython, about 35 on average. Not all Python
features are supported, and only a subset of about 17 library modules, such
as re and random.

Changes: User-defined class support in extension modules. Very fast set
implementation (FFAO). Complex number support. Many string formatting
improvements. None maps to NULL instead of 0, and prints as 'None'.
re.match_object.group accepts multiple arguments. Casting improvements.
Inheritance from builtin exceptions other than Exception. Hashing None
should work now. An important type inference fix, and many other bugfixes.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[051] - SimCList 1.4
  by Mij (http://freshmeat.net/users/mijio/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 22:05

Software Development :: Libraries

About: SimCList is a high quality C library (that is C++ embeddable) for
handling lists. It exploits several advanced techniques for improving
performance, including freelists, sentinels, automatic sort algorithm
selection, sort randomization, mid pointer, and optional multithreading.
The API is simple but powerful, makes elegant and consistent use of
information hiding, abstracts the actual data type to store, and is fairly
complete. The library itself makes a good compromise between performance in
terms of time and space, and is well documented.

Changes: There are some interface changes. _restore*() and _dump*()
functions now write the length in arguments. list_seek() no longer returns
a constant reference. Decorate with "restrict" qualifiers => now requires
C99 support from the compiler. There are minor improvements in the
documentation.

License: BSD License (revised)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[052] - Socklib 1.0.0
  by Tim Gurney (http://freshmeat.net/users/offswn/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 17:55

Software Development :: Libraries

About: Socklib is a C library that provides a selection of socket
functions.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[053] - spamdyke 4.0.9
  by Sam Clippinger (http://freshmeat.net/users/samc_silence_org/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 00:15

Communications :: Email :: Filters

About: spamdyke is a drop-in filter for qmail to provide connection-time
blacklisting, graylisting, DNS RBL/RHSBL checking, sender MX checking,
improved logging, and more. spamdyke will provide SMTP AUTH and TLS to
unpatched qmail servers. Installing spamdyke does not require patching or
recompiling qmail.

Changes: This release fixes a bug in the address parser that was
preventing some sender/recipient blacklist/whitelist entries from matching.
It also fixes a bug in the configuration testing feature that was unable to
locate the spamdyke binary if it was outside the current directory.

License: GNU General Public License v2

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[054] - Stackbuf Library 1.0.0
  by Tim Gurney (http://freshmeat.net/users/offswn/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 17:57

Software Development :: Libraries

About: Stackbuf is a C library that provides a stack-implemented buffer
which can be used for temporary storage, processing, or string formatting.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[055] - StopDuplicates 1.2.0 Beta
  by Azzam ALNIJRES, Kaesar ALNIJRES (http://freshmeat.net/users/kadrf/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 15:18

Desktop Environment :: File Managers

About: StopDuplicates is an application that easily locates and removes
duplicates. StopDuplicates uses MD5 to find real duplicates anywhere in a
directory and all its subdirectories.

Changes: A small bug was fixed, so that lists are updated correctly after
a deleting task. Two log files were added: one for duplicates, the other
for reporting deleted files. A small tutorial was added.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[056] - Strfunc Library 1.0.0
  by Tim Gurney (http://freshmeat.net/users/offswn/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 17:57

Software Development :: Libraries

About: Strfunc is a C library that contains a collection of string based
functions.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[057] - Swig Starter Kit 0.0.2
  by Jason Turner (http://freshmeat.net/users/lefticus/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 15:27

Software Development

About: Swig Starter Kit provides a simple set of examples for integrating
C++ and various scripting languages using SWIG. Currently, Lua is the only
target language supported.

Changes: Examples were added for C++ template instantiations (including
the STL) and their use from the scripting language. Also, minor code and
building updates were done.

License: MIT/X Consortium License

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[058] - Syntext Serna 4.0.0
  by Syntext Team (http://freshmeat.net/users/syntext/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 10:37

Text Processing :: Markup :: XML
Text Processing :: Markup :: XSL/XSLT

About: Syntext Serna is a highly customizable, multi-platform, pure
XSL-driven WYSIWYG XML content editor. It looks and works like a
conventional word processor, yet it gives you much more flexibility to
alter or reuse content while keeping its integrity intact. It lets you
collaborate on compound documents that contain embedded data from various
sources. Content is viewed as an integrated whole that is intuitively
transparent to authors.

Changes: This version features a number of enhancements, including a fresh
look and feel, enhanced Print Draft that lets you save documents to PDF
format, DITA ID management, improved font rendering and document
visualization on Mac, SSL protocol support, ActiveX support, and SVG
support. Documents are printed as drafts correctly on all platforms.

License: Other/Proprietary License with Free Trial

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[059] - TkCVS 8.2
  by ticklefish (http://freshmeat.net/users/dorothyr/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 10:32

Software Development :: Version Control
Software Development :: Version Control :: CVS
Software Development :: Version Control :: RCS

About: TkCVS is a cross-platform, Tcl/Tk-based GUI for the CVS and
Subversion configuration management systems. It displays the status of the
files in the current working directory, and provides buttons and menus to
execute CVS, Subversion, or RCS commands on the selected files. The Log
Browser displays a branch diagram of the revision history. The Module
Browser extends CVS with facilities for a user-friendly listing of modules
in the repository. TkDiff is included for browsing and merging your
changes.

Changes: The Branch Browser can now draw merge arrows for merges tracked
by Subversion 1.5's mergeinfo property and CVSNT's mergepoint feature. The
work-around of using tags is no longer necessary if your Subversion or
CVSNT server and client support their own merge tracking. The Branch
Browser has a new search ability, so you can highlight a revision on the
diagram by its version, date, tag, or author. If your SVN repository has a
structure that's functionally similar to trunk, branches, and tags but with
different names, you can tell TkCVS about it by setting variables.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[060] - TrueCrypt 6.1a
  by Moritz Barsnick (http://freshmeat.net/users/barsnick/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 15:22

Office/Business
Security
Security :: Cryptography

About: TrueCrypt is on-the-fly disk encryption software that can create a
virtual encrypted disk within a file and mount it as a real disk. It can
also encrypt an entire hard disk partition, or a storage device such as USB
memory stick. It supports plausible deniability.

Changes: Minor improvements, bugfixes, and security enhancements were
made.

License: Other/Proprietary License

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[061] - Tunguska 0.5
  by Viktor Lofgren (http://freshmeat.net/users/eudial/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 18:11

System :: Emulators

About: Tunguska is a computer emulator and virtual machine that uses
numerical base three (ternary) number system for its lowest-level
operations instead of the commonly used base two (binary) number system.
Its goal is to provide a useful experimental platform, on par with early
personal computers.

Changes: The main goal of this release is to introduce 3CC, a compiler for
a C-like language that compiles into tunguska assembly code. This release
also adds various instructions for easily available 12 trit arithmetic, and
a Windows port through Cygwin.

License: GNU General Public License v2

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[062] - Utils Library 1.0.0
  by Tim Gurney (http://freshmeat.net/users/offswn/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 17:57

Software Development :: Libraries

About: Utils is a C library that provides a set of basic utilities.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[063] - Veusz 1.2.1
  by Jeremy Sanders (http://freshmeat.net/users/xiox/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 10:36

Scientific/Engineering :: Visualization

About: Veusz is a scientific plotting package, designed to create
publication-ready Postscript or PDF output. It features an easy to use
graphical interface as well as a command line interface and can be scripted
or embedded in Python scripts. Graphs are constructed in a modular fashion
from separate components. Datasets can be interactively modified or created
from within the program.

Changes: Boxes, ellipses, lines, images, and arrows can now be added to
the plot and interactively resized or moved. Pages, graphs, grids, labels,
and axes can be interactively resized or moved with the mouse. The Python
embedding interface has been rewritten and extended - it is more robust
using multiple processes and now works under Windows. Plot keys can have
multiple columns. Cross lines can be placed at the end of error bars.
Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows binaries are now available.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[064] - whohas 0.21
  by philippwesche (http://freshmeat.net/users/philippwesche/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 10:29

System :: Software Distribution Tools

About: whohas is a command line tool that allows you to query several
package collections at once. It currently supports Arch Linux (and AUR),
Debian, Fedora, Gentoo, openSUSE, Slackware (and linuxpackages.net), Source
Mage Linux, Ubuntu, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, Fink, and MacPorts
repositories. whohas was designed to help package maintainers find ebuilds,
pkgbuilds, and similar package definitions from other distributions to
learn from. However, it can also be used by normal users who want to know
which distribution provides certain packages, and which version of a given
package is in use in each distribution or in each release of a
distribution.

Changes: Gentoo and Fedora were added (again). For Debian, the "testing"
repository was enabled in addition to "stable". Performance improvements
were made, and wget is no longer depended upon. On Mac OS X, Whohas.app now
works without having whohas in your $PATH - the whohas executable is
bundled in the app.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[065] - WordPress Testing 2.7 RC 1
  by Dougal Campbell (http://freshmeat.net/users/emc3/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 15:33

Internet :: WWW/HTTP :: Dynamic Content :: News/Diary
Internet :: WWW/HTTP :: Site Management

About: WordPress is a state-of-the-art, semantic, personal publishing
platform with a focus on aesthetics, Web standards, and usability. It was
born out of a desire for an elegant, well-architected personal publishing
system. While primarily geared towards functioning as a Weblog, WordPress
is also a flexible CMS capable of managing many types of Web sites. In
addition to the basic blog functions, it also has an integrated link
manager (e.g. for blogrolls), file attachments, XFN support, support for
stand-alone pages, Atom and RSS feeds for both content and comments,
blogging API support (Atom Publishing Protocol, Blogger, MetaWeblog, and
Movable Type APIs), spam blocking features, advanced cruft-free URL
generation, a flexible theme system, and an advanced plugin API.

Changes: There have been numerous bugfixes since Beta 3, including all
known major blocker issues. Also, the new icons for the admin menus have
been incorporated.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[066] - WP Clipart 7.0
  by Paul Sherman (http://freshmeat.net/users/psherma1/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 14:49

Multimedia :: Graphics :: Presentation
Text Processing :: General

About: WP Clipart is an attempt to make a useful clip art package of
public domain images for use in word processors. It includes an optional
cross-platform viewer/editor written with Python/GTK. The collection
contains non-transparent PNG images, scaled down images, mid-tones expanded
for inkjet print quality, etc. It is suitable for documents as well as Web
graphics, but also has business application (credit cards, promo graphics)
and educational uses (pictures of all US presidents, all country flags
alphabetically listed, all US states, historical figures, and a sign
language alphabet).

Changes: Due to collection size, the program's download is being split
into sections. The viewer/editor script (or executable for Windows) will
accompany each clip art category. The first category is "holiday"; others
will follow until all 48 clip art sections are available for download. This
version also includes added clip art, updated program internal
documentation, and a minor bugfix to eliminate a possible display warning
on rapid image changes.

License: Public Domain

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[067] - xorriso 0.3.0
  by scdbackup (http://freshmeat.net/users/scdbackup/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 10:37

System :: Archiving :: Backup
System :: Filesystems

About: xorriso creates, loads, manipulates, and writes ISO 9660 filesystem
images with Rock Ridge extensions. It can load the management information
of existing ISO images, and it writes the session results to optical media
or to filesystem objects. This is the standalone version that incorporates
the libraries of libburnia-project.org and thus depends only on Linux 2.4
(or later), libc, and libpthread. No separate mkisofs and no CD/DVD burn
program are needed.

Changes: xorriso now is ready for exotic character sets, for legacy
FreeBSD systems that expect an outdated Rock Ridge signature, and for
producing ISO images with MBR that boot from hard disks or USB sticks.
Three minor bugs were fixed.

License: GNU General Public License v2

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[068] - Xvid 1.2.0
  by Moritz Barsnick (http://freshmeat.net/users/barsnick/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 15:29

Multimedia :: Video
Multimedia :: Video :: Conversion

About: Xvid (formerly XviD) is an open source MPEG-4 video codec,
implementing MPEG-4 Simple Profile, Advanced Simple Profile, and Advanced
Video Coding standards. It is written in C with assembler optimizations for
quality and speed (including MMX, SSE, and 3Dnow! code for i386 and AltiVec
for PowerPC), and is especially optimized towards offline, multi-pass
compression for storage and archival purposes.

Changes: AMD64/EM64T 64-bit support was completed. Multi-threaded encoding
support was introduced. SSE3/SSE4 optimizations were made. Faster and more
precise MPEG intra quantization was enabled. A bug in packed pixel format
colorspace conversion was fixed. A no-exec stack security patch was
applied. A fix for bad resync marker length was made. Decoder robustness
was improved for broken streams containing B-frames. A fix for potential
out-of-bound access to MV bits table was made. An SSIM quality-metric
plugin was added.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[069] - Yaalr 1.3
  by miahfost (http://freshmeat.net/users/miahfost/)
  Tue, Dec 2nd 2008 15:23

Internet :: Log Analysis

About: Yaalr (Yet Another Apache Log Reader) is a simple tool to give a
clearer view of who is visiting your Web site.

Changes: Additional status code reporting is done. Namely, "internal
error" (500) is reported now. More documentation was written. Code
refactoring was done.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)