List:       freetype-devel
Subject:    Re: [ft-devel] Loading empty bitmap fails? (Re: Freetype-devel Digest, Vol 151, Issue 11)
From:       Hin-Tak Leung <htl10 () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2017-08-07 15:18:33

 Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2017 20:21:43 -0700
 From: Behdad Esfahbod <behdad@behdad.org>
 To: Werner LEMBERG <wl@gnu.org>
 Cc: "freetype-devel@nongnu.org"
 <freetype-devel@nongnu.org>
 Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Loading empty
 bitmap fails?

> > How do the Apple and MS rendering
> engines behave?
> >

> Donno.  MS supports CBDT
> fonts.  I have not tested.  Don't have a Windows
> machine or access to one these days.

The closely related EBDT code in Font Validator is available. That said, it is \
probably not very indicative of how MS rendering engine behaves, since it is all in \
C#. I think Microsoft's C code for EBDT likely came from Apple's bdat(?) code another \
decade before that,  so Apple and MS rendering behavior may be similar.