List:       freetype-devel
Subject:    [ft-devel] Status of 2.2
From:       Matthias Clasen <mclasen () redhat ! com>
Date:       2005-10-03 18:24:49

Hi,

I'm investigating whether I should update Rawhide to freetype 2.1.10.
A number of questions come up:
 - Do you have any idea how far out 2.2 still is ?
 - Will 2.2 be libfreetype.so.7 ?
 - Do you still plan to break source compat by doing const
   correctness changes ?
 - Does FT_OPTIMIZE_MEMORY still break apps ? I know that Pango
   has been patched, but I hear xfs segfaults with the memory
   optimizations. Are there patches beyond the (applied) pango
   patches to fix breakage due to this ?

Thanks, Matthias