List:       freetype-devel
Subject:    Re: [Devel] Fixed-width font issues ?
From:       George Williams <gww () silcom ! com>
Date:       2002-07-22 18:45:28

>I wrote a small script to get the size of the bounding box of the digits
>in several so-called "fixed-width" fonts.
The width in the bounding box is not the "advance width" that is meant in a
fixed width font.

All characters have the same advance with, but very different shapes.
The best example is the space character where the bounding box has a width
of 0, but the advance width is the same as that of all other characters.