List:       freetype
Subject:    Fw: [Freetype] Vector-only output request
From:       "Adrian & Marnie Kole" <akole1 () home ! com>
Date:       2001-07-28 17:15:39

----- Original Message -----
From: Adrian & Marnie Kole
To: Laurent Lequenne
Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2001 10:12 AM
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Vector-only output request

HI Laurent,

Thanks for the fast response.

I looked at the FT_Outline_Decompose function already.  I'm no expert on using this \
library, but I still see no way to get just vectors.  It looks like you get line \
segments and whatever bezier curves or whatever as output, with no indication as to \
which parts of the outline are holes.

What I (and I'm sure others) thought would be useful is to have a way of getting ONLY \
line segments (no curves as they would be segmented already using some specified \
criteria, like a chord angle or minimum segment length).  This way, it would simplify \
conversion to other format polyline types like those used in CAD/CAM applications \
where you might have an outside outline and the hole outlines--and have the added \
bonus in that even if a new font type comes out that supports some other obscure arc \
type, it would be handled transparently without the need of code using the FreeType \
library to understand the format.

Regards,
Adrian