List:       freetype
Subject:    Memory leaks in FreeType
From:       Thibault Jamme <teebo () mw-interactive ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-03-24 12:30:07

Hi,

I have compile freetype for both Linux and NT.
Under NT I use the Borland C++ 5.02 compiler
together with CodeGuard which I got on the
5.01 CD.

Now this CodeGuard thinggy is a marvellous tool
it would tell you if you owed a penny to your gran.
It is even quite pedantic at times.
As far as memory is concerned, it never reported
any leak with FreeType.

I guess that it is fairly easy for the implementer
using Freetype to forget to call the Freeing/Closing
functions which would most certainly amount to a big
memory leak report.

Hoping that helps,
Cheers all,
Teebo