List:       freetype
Subject:    Re: Broken font or bug in FreeType-1.2?
From:       Pavel Kankovsky <peak () kerberos ! troja ! mff ! cuni ! cz>
Date:       1999-03-03 19:44:17

On Wed, 3 Mar 1999 ram@curvesoft.com wrote:

>     Using 0 is better then returning random values and certainly better
>     than failing completely, but I know that the FreeType team prefers
>     not to support buggy fonts.

Well, some hacks to support (popular) broken fonts are already there
(look for "popular" in ttinterp.c)...

One option would be to have two run-time selectable modes: a "fascist"
mode (no invalid instructions are tolerated; useful for font testing), and
a "relaxed" mode (it does something reasonable when an invalid instruction
is encountered).

--Pavel Kankovsky aka Peak  [ Boycott Microsoft--http://www.vcnet.com/bms ]
"NSA GCHQ KGB CIA nuclear conspiration war weapon spy agent... Hi Echelon!"