List:       freetype
Subject:    Re: FT4 and (PCL) printers
From:       Gertjan.de.Back () cer ! nl (Gertjan de Back)
Date:       1997-06-02 17:03:26

David Turner <turner@email.enst.fr> wrote:

>I guess you'll probably print outlines fonts to the printer. If
>so, you'll need a glyph's vectorial representation, which is
>there in our own format (namely four parallel arrays for x/y
>coordinates, flags and contours).

Nope, I write the rendered bitmapped fonts in PCL to the
printer. FT is really helpful here! Thanks you all so much.

I have already succeeded in printing strings using the
TRasterBlock buffer filled by repeated LoadTrueTypeChar and
Render_Glyph calls.

___

jim fetters <gfetters@uxa.ecn.bgu.edu> wrote:

>Speaking of PCL printers -
>where do you get the specs for it?  or do you have to buy
>the manuals/docs for PCL.

Hewlett Packard provides specs but they'll cost you. I was also
unsuccessful in acquiring the info from the internet, so the
only source is the brief overview in the printer manual ;(

Best Regards,

Gertjan de Back