List:       freetype
Subject:    Re: [ft] FT_GlyphSlot_Oblique doesn't alter metrics whereas FT_GlyphSlot_Embolden does?
From:       Omar Cornut <omarcornut () gmail ! com>
Date:       2019-01-15 21:13:36

I am trying to understand if it is possible to obtain the expected
>> size of a bitmap _before_ rendering it.
> In general, this is *not* possible, especially if font hinting is
> involved.
Thank you Werner for this clarification.
I ended you making a temporary copy of the raw pixel data in a set of
large buffer, then packing my atlas and copying the pixels back after
packaging. Rasterization is only done once. It's a little more code but
works better/faster.