List:       freetype
Subject:    Re: [Freetype] Getting black bitmaps - why?
From:       Paul Miller <paulm () profoundeffects ! com>
Date:       2001-11-23 15:35:30

>This is very frustrating. I've pretty much duplicated most of what the
>ftgl library does to make texture-based glyphs, but all I get is black
>bitmaps for the characters. Here is basically what I'm doing (after
>opening the face):

Well, I poked around further and discovered that if I use FT_Render_Glyph()
before FT_Get_Glyph(), instead of calling FT_Glyph_To_Bitmap, it works. I
don't know why the code in ftgl would work and mine doesn't, but at least
it works now.

--
Paul T. Miller  | VP of Engineering, Profound Effects, Inc. |
http://www.profoundeffects.com