List:       freetrade
Subject:    Re: [FreeTrade] Australian Shipping...anyone?
From:       "Paul Ashton" <paul () ideas ! net ! au>
Date:       2000-12-13 7:30:14

Hello Nick,

I am also for Oz (but down south). There are a couple of points in your
question. Firstly you may need to add a few fields to the State selector in
the database as it currently only includes the US. This I did through
phpMyAdmin. The other aspect is the calculation of shipping. This is changed
by the include function 'ShippingByTotal'. However, this is done by a
product price to shipping price ratio--this is pretty easy to change by
entering this module--which is not the way Australia post charge. I believe
they use weight and size as their guiding factors. I think that some people
on the list have already made this mod so they may have some code that can
be easily altered to fit the Australian ratios.

One other problem for Australians is the GST, on this I have simply added a
line of code to the invoice to show what 10% of the transaction is. If you
come up with a better solution let me know.

If you want to have a look at my test site to see what I have done with the
states etc. here is the address. http://www.publicsphere.net/ishop/htdocs/

Regards
Paul Ashton