List:       freetds
Subject:    [freetds] RE: DBD::ODBC -> Freetds
From:       "Eric Deutsch" <edeutsch () systemsbiology ! org>
Date:       2001-06-28 21:30:07

> From: bounce-freetds-127899@franklin.oit.unc.edu
> [mailto:bounce-freetds-127899@franklin.oit.unc.edu]On Behalf Of Joe
>
> has anyone run FreeTDS under DBD::ODBC

I notice in the 0.52 release notes that unixODBC (not just iODBC) is
mentioned as a working option (for the first time as far as I can tell).  Is
this now a known-to-work option?

> or under DBD::Sybase. if so please
> contact me reguarding your use of it and results.

I have a semi-production application which uses Pentium III + Red Hat 7.0 +
Perl 5.6.0 + DBD::Sybase 0.91 + FreeTDS 0.52pre0.9WithAFewPersonalHacks
daily with good results accessing MS SQL Server 2000.  It gets used every
day although not yet "intensively" with no reliability problems, although
there are a few workarounds I make and a few features I'd like.

Feel free to ask me specific questions.

Eric

P.S.:

>On Wed, 27 Jun 2001, Michael Peppler wrote:
>
>> Brian Bruns writes:
>>  >
>>  > Of course, someone really interested in pushing placeholder support
>>  > forward could send me small standalone C programs that demonstrate the
>>  > usage in ctlib and/or ODBC and I'll see that it gets done. ;-)
>>
>> Here's a minimal C snippet that I used to report a bug to Sybase...
>
>Michael, you're awesome.  It appears placeholder support will be sooner
>rather than later in the next development cycle. :-)
>
>Brian

EXCELLENT!!

---
You are currently subscribed to freetds as: [freetds@progressive-comp.com]