List:       freetds
Subject:    [freetds] =?utf-8?q?Output_bufferring?=
From:       <jezekj () centrum ! cz>
Date:       2016-04-14 7:18:34

Hello,

we have following issue. In our application we're tring to match securities with our \
internal ID based on couple of international IDs. Securities are comming from \
different data providers during the night. We do have a procedure which is trying to \
match data from these feeds. This procedure is writen to iterate over period of time. \
At every iteration it prints out statistics about how many securities were matched, \
and how many securities has not matched, because data from external providers are \
missing. Everything works fine with MSSQL Studio and even with isql from freetds. \
However when we call out the procedure from our perl environment. Output is bufferred \
and this buffer is flushed when procedure finishes. We have tried tracing on several \
levels and we have found that in FreeTDS trace log messages are written at every \
itteration. However in UnixODBC trace messages are shown when procedure finishes.
Question is very easy. Who is the trouble maker? Is freeTDS bufferring messages on \
it's output (but after tracing log is written), or are these messages buffered in the \
UnixODBC?
If you wish to reproduce, just let me know and I will prepare sproc for you.

Thanks for your time & support.
Jakub