List:       freetds
Subject:    Re: [freetds] freetds on solaris 11: symbol scope specifies local binding (same problem)
From:       Brent Jackson <ptl () perceptions ! co ! nz>
Date:       2013-09-29 21:44:17

At 23/09/2013 21:52, freetds-request@lists.ibiblio.org wrote:
>Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 08:53:31 +0100
>From: "Marco A. Ferra" <MAFerra@isq.pt>
>Subject: [freetds] freetds on solaris 11: symbol scope specifies local
>         binding (same problem)
>To: <freetds@lists.ibiblio.org>
>
>Hi Everyone,
>
>Regarding Justin Pryzby's question on "freetds on solaris 11: symbol
>scope specifies local binding" [1] I'm also having a hard time compiling
>FreeTDS 0.91 from source on Solaris 11.
[snip]
>Undefined                       first referenced
>strlen                              .libs/ct.o  (symbol scope specifies
>local binding)
>ld: fatal: symbol referencing errors. No output written to
>.libs/libct.so.4.0.0
>collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
[snip]

I vaguely recall encountering a similar problem when I compiled
FreeTDS 0.65 back in 2007.

I think I avoided the problem by setting the FREETDS_LIBGCC variable
in the dtlib/Makefile to explicitly specify my libgcc.a file, so as
to use the GCC version of strlen() instead of the Solaris one.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Brent