List:       freetds
Subject:    Re: [freetds] freetds 0.91 : Problem building with no BSD-compliant install.
From:       "James K. Lowden" <jklowden () freetds ! org>
Date:       2012-01-17 3:46:47

On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 11:03:13 +0000 (GMT)
huw.edwards@talk21.com wrote:

> I had a problem building freetds on one of our platforms (AIX 5.3)
> and it came down to the fact that it didn't have a suitable BSD
> compliant install. This meant it set the value of INSTALL_DATA to be
> "../../install-sh" - this was fine for most of the build but gave
> errors when it came to doc/images.

Thank you for the problem report.

I tried to solve this in a better way.  I updated configure.ac to use
the autoconf macros to find an install program if available.  And I
changed doc/Makefile.am not to change directories when installing the
GIF images.  These changes were committed to CVS HEAD.

--jkl