List:       freetds
Subject:    Re: [freetds] [unixODBC-support] isql connection hangs
From:       "Craig A. Berry" <craigberry () mac ! com>
Date:       2009-06-19 18:34:29

On Jun 19, 2009, at 5:12 AM, Goyal, Pravin Shyam wrote:

> [...]

It's normal for a configuration process to try a lot of things that
don't work on its way to finding out what does work, so if you only
see these things in config.log and not on your terminal, it's unlikely
that they are relevant.

> # pwd
> /usr/local/etc
> # cat odbcinst.ini
> [FreeTDS]
> Description = Pravin's TDS
> Driver = /usr/local/lib/libtdsodbc.so
> UsageCount = 3
> # cat odbc.ini
> [MSSQLTestServer]
> Driver          = FreeTDS
> Description             = Test SQL Swerver
> Trace           = No
> Server          = 16.138.74.27\BTHUYAVANA11
> Port            = 1433
> Database                = master
>
> # isql -v MSSQLTestServer 'sa' 'Windows2003server'
> <this hangs up>

Have you tried Freddy's suggestion of removing the port?  Can you set
aside unixODBC for the moment and successfully connect using FreeTDS's
tsql?  Have you followed the troubleshooting instructions at \
<http://www.freetds.org/userguide/troubleshooting.htm   >?  Are there any signs of \
what's wrong when you enable TDSDUMPCONFIG   in the environment and review the log it \
generates?

Craig A. Berry
mailto:craigberry@mac.com

  difficult than getting in."