List:       freetds
Subject:    Re: [freetds] SQL2005: no problem with ubuntu - can't connect
From:       gis wautriche <giswautriche () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2008-02-29 21:14:55

> It should be documented in the UserGuide (you will find an online
> versione at www.freetds.org). Usually what user wants is "client
> charset" setting.
>
> freddy77

Thanks Freddy.
I tried to change the client charset to utf8 in freetds.conf already but it did not \
worked. I'm thinking it's more about some environment vars that are not set ( if I \
echo $LANG I get nothing, for example.) But I'm really happy with the main stuff \
working now, so, fine, I'll see that charset stuff later on.

Again, thanks for taking some time to answer.

Gis.