List:       freetds
Subject:    Re: [freetds] Res:  How to make a connection without freetds.conf
From:       "James K. Lowden" <jklowden () freetds ! org>
Date:       2007-07-18 14:40:28

Alexandre Gazola wrote:
> I´m doing the connection with FreeTDS using the function ct_connect (see
> the simple code bellow).
>
> The "host" parameter used to make the connection matches a section in
> the freetds.conf file, as specified. Is there how to modify the code
> bellow so that the freetds.conf file is not needed?

You cannot.  Or, at least, it would be very difficult.

The "Host" refers to an entry in freetds.conf; in that section FreeTDS
finds the server's hostname, port, and TDS version.  It then looks up the
IP address for the name, and makes the connection.

For a ct_connect reference, I recommend Sybase's online documentation.

--jkl