List:       freetds
Subject:    Re: [freetds] dbrpcsend() returning prematurely
From:       "James K. Lowden" <jklowden () freetds ! org>
Date:       2007-07-13 15:29:13

Tim Cook wrote:
> the interesting thing I noticed is that dbsqlok
> () has returned *before* all the debug output from the stored
> procedure has been displayed. Its as if the "update" has been
> performed, sqldbok() returns but because the select hasn't been
> executed there is no data to return.

dbsqlok() signifies the server accepted your query.  It parsed and
understood it.  It has not executed it yet.  Contrast with dbdataready().
dbresults() blocks until data arrive.

Could you be getting more than one resultset?  We fixed some of that since
0.64 was released IIRC.

Please try with a recent snapshot.  If it fails, send a TDSDUMP log.  I
think it will work, though.

HTH.

--jkl