List:       freetds
Subject:    Re: [freetds] 0.65 (or whatever) Issues
From:       "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio () vodafone ! com>
Date:       2007-04-19 9:36:49

> > - dblib errors, Microsoft/Sybase. I realize that error
> constants of the
> > two library are different!!! This means that libraries are
> not binary
> > compatible and perhaps --enable-msdblib can have some problems...
>
> Well, not a problem, really. It might be interesting to see the
> differences.  We don't make any claim or attempt at binary
> compatibility.
> If you want to use FreeTDS, you use FreeTDS's sybdb.h.
> Anything else is a
> crapshoot.

Yes, you are right... I confuse that msdblib with a binary compatibility. Perhaps the \
reason was that I use the same tests for our driver and ms odbc (under Windows) and I \
though it was the same

> > The
> > result is that using MS headers and FreeTDS's libraries can lead to
> > strange conditions handling errors (errors not handled in
> the same way).
>
> Example?

Simply if constants are different an error of X type is not detected and handled like \
a Y type... but this is due to wrong header thinking about binary compatibility!

freddy77