List:       freetds
Subject:    Re: [freetds] ODBC unit tests "funccall" and "transaction"
From:       Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 () tin ! it>
Date:       2004-01-10 11:04:55

> > I'm pleased to report that funccall now works on both of my test
> > systems. Fantastic work, Freddy!  Thanks for your fast action to get
> > this fix in to the release.
>
> Someone was burning the midnight oil....
>
> My last information was that your test boxes run unixODBC-2.2.6, and
> Freddy tells us unixODBC-2.2.7 is just broken, and not only for FreeTDS.
> Is that accurate?

Yes.

> Nice work, Nick, and thanks.  I know you were nervous about releasing
> broken code, and I'm glad your paranoia (if I may call it that) :-) drove
> you to confirm the tests independently.  I'm sure your testing will save
> many people who grab 0.62 a lot of confusion and headache.

I think 0.62rc6 == 0.62... fail was due to the improper use of
no-initialized variable. I'm happy that this problem occur cause like a
stack overflow it's very hard to detect and fix. If this 32bit variable
assumed values from -99 to -2 it occurred... that's a probability of
0.0000023% !!!

freddy77