List:       freetds
Subject:    Re: [freetds] ODBC unit tests "funccall" and "transaction"
From:       "James K. Lowden" <jklowden () schemamania ! org>
Date:       2004-01-09 23:47:44

On 10 Jan 2004, Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77@tin.it> wrote:

> From this part of log I can see problem is related to sql2tds (there is
> no NULL setting). Problem is that indicator was read even on output
> parameter leading to this nasty BUG only using some uninitialized
> data... I fixed this problem hoping this solve funccall even on your
> machine... I updated sql2tds.c and funccall.c (just to show error even
> on my machine). Attached updates files.

I updated configure.in to rc6; the nightly build will create it, with your
updates.  Tomorrow I'll branch the code unless you say No.

I'm comfortable we've isolated, or nearly isolated, the ODBC unit tests to
the DM version, and I don't mind a footnote about funccall, saying it
fails in some environments and we're not absolutely sure why.  ODBC will
get a lot of use, and I'm sure we'll get enough feedback to fix that, and
more.

Sunday I'll issue the release.  Undoubtedly there are other bugs lurking
-- for instance, we didn't get nearly the UTF-8 testing I was hoping for
-- but we know unit tests work on many systems.  There's a great deal of
value in the improvements 0.62 contains versus 0.61.

Nice work, Freddy.

--jkl