List:       freetds
Subject:    [freetds] ODBC unit tests "funccall" and "transaction"
From:       "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK () bernstein ! com>
Date:       2004-01-08 22:05:42

I was under the impression this was a 64-bit issue.  Nick just reproduced it
on i386.  The tests pass with Sybase, but not Microsoft, servers.

It may be related to the version of unixODBC.  Both systems he tested use
unixODBC 2.0.  More identifying information, fwiw, below.

Choices:

1.  Fix before release, delay if necessary.
2.  Indicate as broken in release notes, explaining ramifications.
3.  Remove tests, because not important or misleading.
4.  Discover it's due to an old version of unixODBC, celebrate.

#4 would be nice, needs just a line in the release notes.

At the very least, I think we need to be sure what's going on before we
issue the release.

--jkl

$ ident  /usr/pkg/lib/libodbc.a
/usr/pkg/lib/libodbc.a:
     $RCSfile: SQLAllocConnect.c,v $
     $Revision: 1.1.1.1 $
     $RCSfile: SQLAllocEnv.c,v $
     $Revision: 1.1.1.1 $
     $RCSfile: SQLAllocHandle.c,v $
     $Revision: 1.13 $
     $RCSfile: SQLAllocHandleStd.c,v $
     $Revision: 1.1.1.1 $
     $RCSfile: SQLAllocStmt.c,v $
     $Revision: 1.1.1.1 $
     $RCSfile: SQLBindCol.c,v $
     $Revision: 1.2 $
     $RCSfile: SQLBindParam.c,v $
     $Revision: 1.2 $
     $RCSfile: SQLBindParameter.c,v $
     $Revision: 1.2 $
     $RCSfile: SQLBrowseConnect.c,v $
     $Revision: 1.9 $
     $RCSfile: SQLBulkOperations.c,v $
     $Revision: 1.2 $
     $RCSfile: SQLCancel.c,v $
     $Revision: 1.2 $
     $RCSfile: SQLCloseCursor.c,v $
     $Revision: 1.2 $
     $RCSfile: SQLColAttribute.c,v $
     $Revision: 1.6 $
     $RCSfile: SQLColAttributes.c,v $
     $Revision: 1.4 $
     $RCSfile: SQLColumnPrivileges.c,v $
     $Revision: 1.4 $
     $RCSfile: SQLColumns.c,v $
     $Revision: 1.4 $

The information contained in this transmission may contain privileged and \
confidential information and is intended only for the use of the person(s) named \
above. If you are not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for \
delivering this message to the intended recipient, any review, dissemination, \
distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are \
not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately by reply e-mail and \
destroy all copies of the original message. Please note that we do not accept account \
orders and/or instructions by e-mail, and therefore will not be responsible for \
carrying out such orders and/or instructions.