List:       freetds
Subject:    RE: [freetds] FreeTDS 0.61 / iODBC 3.0.6 / HP/UX 10.2 (solved, so
From:       ZIGLIO Frediano <Frediano.Ziglio () vodafoneomnitel ! it>
Date:       2003-03-05 14:23:27

> Well I have it working from the "odbctest" point in
> iODBC to the SQL Server 2000.  The only problem now is
> that DBD::ODBC 1.04 in Perl seems to ultimately pass a
> NULL pointer for the statement into iODBC 3.0.6 and I
> end up with a "Invalid argument value" from iODBC
> Manager.  Anyone else encounter this problem?  Anyone
> else have any idea why I couldn't get FreeTDS to work
> unless I specified NO OPTIMIZATION (-O0) ?

It seem a strange problem (like heap corruption....)
I never tried ODBC with HP/UX (and I'm very busy in this period) perhaps
compiling with ElectricFence and or dmalloc will help...
Another thing about dstr* function and optimizations.
dstr functions use a global pointer to string for empty string. I putted
this string in a module to avoid strange link problem (I test pointer, so
using a constant give problems cause pointer change between modules).

freddy77

"STRICTLY PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL

This message may contain confidential and proprietary material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact
the sender and delete all copies.
The contents of this message that do not relate to the official business of
our company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it."