List:       freetds
Subject:    [freetds] Certain query results cause segfaults
From:       Casey Allen Shobe <cshobe () secureworks ! net>
Date:       2002-04-19 22:32:44

I got FreeTDS/PHP working!

OK, so I ran a query:
$test = sybase_query ('select * from alert', $piv_conn);
...and the apache process died.

So I ran this query:
$test = sybase_query ('select valid_until from alert', $piv_conn);
...and it worked!

So I ran this query:
$test = sybase_query ('select alert_text from alert', $piv_conn);
...and it the apache process died.

It's a standard text field, the only thing I can see different about it is
that it's the longest field of the table, and some of the entries contain
carriage returns.  So I tried fetching the field from one row which was did
not contain carriage returns, and it still worked.

I'm don't know where to go from here.  Here's what the column properties are:
Data Type: text
Length: 2147483647
Precision: 2147483647
Is nullable: Yes

--
Casey Allen Shobe / Network Security Analyst & PHP Developer
SecureWorks, Inc. / 404.327.6339 x169 / Fax: 404.728.0144

---
You are currently subscribed to freetds as: [freetds@progressive-comp.com]