List:       freetds
Subject:    [freetds] Re: More ODBC driver documentation desired
From:       Brian Bruns <camber () ais ! org>
Date:       2002-02-07 0:32:35

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Michael Peppler wrote:

> Brian Bruns wrote:
> > Ok bad news from the front.  The LDAP stuff does the following ugly hack
> >
> > SQLGetInfo(dbh,SQL_DRIVER_NAME,drv_name,30,&len);
> > if (!strncmp(ldap_pvt_str2upper(drv_name),"SQLSRV32.DLL",30))
> >   {
> >
> > So it is specifically looking for the microsoft driver and then turns
> > cursors on as Nick alluded to.  Problem is I don't know how to do
> > cursors in TDS 4.2/7.0 without doing quite a bit of work.
>
> I don't think you *can* do cursors in TDS 4.2...

I know Sybase can't.  However, i seem to recall that SQL Server 6.5
could...so I'm curious if they extended the protocol without renumbering
it? Or perhaps my recollection is flawed.  Either way, this code doesn't
work for a reasonable subset of driver, it would seem.

> Michael

Brian

---
You are currently subscribed to freetds as: [freetds@progressive-comp.com]