List:       freetds
Subject:    [freetds] Re: More ODBC driver documentation desired
From:       Brian Bruns <camber () ais ! org>
Date:       2002-02-06 22:50:15

Ok bad news from the front.  The LDAP stuff does the following ugly hack

SQLGetInfo(dbh,SQL_DRIVER_NAME,drv_name,30,&len);
if (!strncmp(ldap_pvt_str2upper(drv_name),"SQLSRV32.DLL",30))
  {

So it is specifically looking for the microsoft driver and then turns
cursors on as Nick alluded to.  Problem is I don't know how to do
cursors in TDS 4.2/7.0 without doing quite a bit of work.

Probably need to add this to the list of stuff to do along with
placeholders...I've got some paying work I need to get back to now, so it
wouldn't be right away anyway.

The bright side is that it looks like most places the nested statements
could be replaced by a join.

Brian

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Dan Melomedman wrote:

> Guys, thanks for looking into fixing the bug. I still have my fingers
> crossed.
>
> So looks like the problem is also with OpenLDAP's code? I guess I could
> involve the OpenLDAP developer who wrote back-sql code if there is something
> wrong with his code and see where we can go from there.
>

> --
>

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to freetds as: [camber@ais.org]

---