List:       freetds
Subject:    [freetds] Re: More ODBC driver documentation desired
From:       Brian Bruns <camber () ais ! org>
Date:       2002-02-06 2:39:41

Ok, I've finally bootstrapped myself up with a working OpenLDAP
installation with unixODBC 2.2.0 and all the rest.  Created a set of
sybase sql files while I was at it.  Have to contribute them...

It's an old bug. ODBC allows one to bind (either SQLBindParameter or
SQLBindCol) between when a query is prepared and when it is executed.

Since we don't actually know anything about the query until execution time
we can't assign the proper values into the right structures (they don't
exist).  What use to happen is a temporary linked list _sql_bind_info was
kept and then applied during SQLExecute(). Somewhere along the line this
got removed and now it's bitten us.

I'll see what I can do to put it back in place.

Brian

On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Dan Melomedman wrote:

> Peter Harvey writes:
>
> > I have taken a closer look at the problem. It is starting to look like a
> >  FreeTDS ODBC driver problem.
> >
> > In the FreeTDS ODBC driver I changed this...
> >
> >   _set_func_exists(pfExists,SQL_API_SQLBINDPARAM);
> >
> > to this...
>
> This probably won't help you much, but so far I've tried unixODBC version
> 2.0.0 and 2.0.9 with 0.53 release, and the server seg faults in that same
> place for both. With the -current downloaded today, all three versions seg.
> fault. I also tried iodbc - seg. fault in the same place.
>

> --
>

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to freetds as: [camber@ais.org]

---