List:       freetds
Subject:    [freetds] Re: More ODBC driver documentation desired
From:       Peter Harvey <pharvey () codebydesign ! com>
Date:       2002-02-05 4:17:41

The problem does seem to be with a call to SQLBindParameter(). The
FreeTDS driver always returns SQL_SUCCESS in this function so I have to
think that the Driver Manager is returning the !SQL_SUCCESS.

Brian, it sounds like you guys have been looking at a unixODBC trace
which indicates this and more... something to effect that the DM is
thinking that the driver lacks the function.

Perhaps Nick can have a look at this since the DM itself is his baby...
Nick?

Here is a head-start...

OpenLDAP : openldap.org
Source   : openldap-2.0.22/servers/slapd/back-sql

<schema-map.c>
  if ((rc=backsql_BindParamID(at_sth,1,&oc_id)) != SQL_SUCCESS)
   {
    Debug(LDAP_DEBUG_TRACE,"load_schema_map(): error binding param for
at_query: \n",0,0,0);
    backsql_PrintErrors(si->db_env,dbh,at_sth,rc);
    return -1;
   }
</schema-map.c>

<sql-wrap.c>
RETCODE backsql_BindParamID(SQLHSTMT sth,int par_ind,unsigned long *id)
{

  return
SQLBindParameter(sth,(SQLUSMALLINT)par_ind,SQL_PARAM_INPUT,SQL_C_ULONG,SQL_INTEGER,
          0,0,(SQLPOINTER)id,0,(SQLINTEGER*)NULL);
}
</sql-wrap.c>

Dan Melomedman wrote:

> Brian Bruns writes:
>
>> What version of unixODBC are you running?
>
> Very interesting. This is 2.2.0. Do you think it makes sense to try
> iODBC before anything else?

It would be good if you stuck with unixODBC... at least give us a chance
to correct any problem.

Peter

---
You are currently subscribed to freetds as: [freetds@progressive-comp.com]