List:       freeswitch-users
Subject:    Re: [Freeswitch-users] mod_fsv and h263
From:       Anthony Minessale <anthony.minessale () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-01-30 20:47:54

Maybe there are some specific encoding params from the fmtp that are
not preserved or there are some other factors that the phone takes for
granted so it's probably a co-incidence it works on the phone since
fsv is basically a mirror of an exact rtp stream and probably it's
already equipped to play its own video.

You could play with the mod_mp4 and see if its any different.

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 5:24 PM, Greg Millam <captdeaf@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks -
>
> =A0I'm using mod_fsv to record incoming video to an .fsv file, then
> using ffmpeg to convert it. It works perfectly fine when the video
> codec is h264 or h263+. But when the video codec is h263, it creates
> corrupted video. ffmpeg creates a gibberish movie, and reports a large
> number of errors. (Pasted below).
>
> =A0However, when play_fsv is used to play that same .fsv file back via
> freeswitch to my videophone, the video is clear and fine. The issue
> appears to be in mod_fsv's recording, fsvdec, or similar.
>
> ffmpeg is compiled with fsvdec.c
>
> Output when using h264 or h263+ is typical ffmpeg success output, and
> the generated .mp4 is nice and clear.
>
> Warning output from h263 spans a large number of pages, but are variation=
s on:

> [h263 @ 0x3143200] illegal ac vlc code at 1x1
> [h263 @ 0x3143200] Error at MB: 24
> [h263 @ 0x3143200] illegal ac vlc code at 14x1
> [h263 @ 0x3143200] Error at MB: 37
> [h263 @ 0x3143200] concealing 396 DC, 396 AC, 396 MV errors
> [h263 @ 0x3143200] illegal ac vlc code at 21x15
> [h263 @ 0x3143200] Error at MB: 366
> [h263 @ 0x3143200] concealing 118 DC, 118 AC, 118 MV errors
> [h263 @ 0x3143200] illegal dc 0 at 9 16
> =A0 =A0Last message repeated 1 times

> =A0mod_fsv documentation on the wiki states that mod_fsv is endian
> dependent, yet all processing is happening on the same machine. (And
> the fact it works just fine for h264 and h263+ is just baffling).
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thank you!
>
> - Greg Millam
>
> --
> If we do not endeavor to take a step every day, the journey can become
> so long as to be infinite.

> consulting@freeswitch.org
> http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com
>
> FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
> http://www.cudatel.com
>
> Official FreeSWITCH Sites
> http://www.freeswitch.org
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org