List:       freeswitch-dev
Subject:    [Freeswitch-dev] FreeSWITCH Weekly News and Notes
From:       Michael Collins <msc () freeswitch ! org>
Date:       2013-07-29 17:44:33

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Welcome to the last week of July!

The big news from last week was announced on the weekly conference
call<https://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2013_07_24>:
FreeSWITCH 1.2.12 was officially released<http://www.freeswitch.org/node/458>.
This is now the recommended production release of FreeSWITCH. We also had a
simple FreeSWITCH programming how-to on using channel variables with
examples from mod_valet_parking<http://fisheye.freeswitch.org/changelog/freeswitch.git?cs=01d45ae506f50cdefa9ccfb9c5d08c3b5adbdfec>and
 mod_voicemail<http://fisheye.freeswitch.org/changelog/freeswitch.git/?cs=13de330>
.

On this week's conference
call<https://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2013_07_31>we are glad
to have with us long-time FreeSWITCH community member and code
contributor Chris Rienzo. Chris has lots of experience with handling media
for various applications, such as you'd use with
mod_unimrcp<https://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_unimrcp>.
This week Chris will be discussing the theme "mod_spandsp - it's not just
for faxing!" Mod_spandsp
<https://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_spandsp>makes use of the
powerful SpanDSP
library <http://www.soft-switch.org/> and Chris will show us some of the
interesting things that this makes available for FreeSWITCH users.

For those of you coming to ClueCon 2013 <http://www.cluecon.com>: we'll see
you next week! We are really looking forward to seeing everyone again. If
you haven't registered for ClueCon or booked your room yet then we highly
recommend that you do so right away. We hope to see you all at the
can't-miss event of the season!

Talk to you next week - from Chicago!

--
Michael S Collins